Light walk, beautiful posture, well-being – all this can spoil the usual at first glance bump on the leg under the skin. Its appearance often indicates the beginning of development in the body of a disease. Checking this tumor, eliminating its cause, gives chances to prevent the disease and maintain health.
Cones on the legs under the skin – not uncommon. Their appearance does not initially cause concern to the person. Only a rapid increase in the bumps in size, redness, severe pain, unesthetic appearance of the legs make you come to the doctor for an appointment.
Such neoplasms can be different in size, origin, location on the legs, appearance. There are multiple and single, soft and hard, causing pain and painless, ulcerative and inflamed, malignant and benign.
Often, some of their types in the case of neglected treatment flow into serious complications: inflammation, suppuration, the acquisition of a malignant nature.
Common species of cones
There are a lot of diseases that lead to the formation of subcutaneous bumps. Let’s call the most common ones.
The disease that develops in metabolic disorders, metabolism and hormonal levels. When it salts of uric acid begin to rapidly deposited in the joints. There are pain and swelling, redness near the affected joint, luster of the skin, temperature rises, weakness is present. When gout enters the chronic stage, red bumps (tophi) form under the skin, which soften slightly during attacks. They can appear in any part of the body, including on the hands.
This is the development of inflammation in the synovial articular sacs. There are acute and chronic forms. The first is the result of the injury in the region of the periarticular bag, and may also be a consequence of the flu, furunculosis, osteomyelitis. The knee and elbow joints are affected, less often the hip joints. A soft-elastic ball is formed under the skin in the area of the affected joint. He constantly hurts, the temperature rises. If you do not go to a doctor in a timely manner, the disease will progress and become chronic.
It develops when the acute form is running, with regular exposure to the periarticular bag. Pathology does not lead to a violation of motor function, but causes some of its limitations. Neglect of treatment leads to the fact that such a ball hurts, under the skin forms a long non-healing hole in the form of a fistula, arthritis develops.
Varicose veins – an increase in the volume of veins located close to the skin surface. The disease often appears on the legs, but its manifestation on the walls of the esophagus, rectum and bladder, vagina, hands is not excluded. Pathology provokes the development of inflammation in the veins. They gradually harden and form aneurysm-like local extensions – red nodes or bumps.
The main signs of varicose veins are:
- swelling of the ankles and lower legs;
- the appearance of the venous subcutaneous mesh;
- the formation of ulcers, corns;
- the development of eczema, pigmentation on the legs and ankles;
The causative factors of the disease are: age-related transformation of the walls of the veins, sedentary lifestyle, prolonged sitting, pregnancy, defects in posture.
If there is a seal on the thumb with the curvature of this finger and middle finger, it is a valgus deformity. It externally represents a rounded ball from the inside of the foot. The bump is hard, constantly aching, there is redness and swelling. The primary cause of the appearance are weak tendons, endocrine disorders, osteoporosis, arthrosis, flat feet, uncomfortable shoes.
This is a benign abdominal neoplasm filled with pus or a liquid. It can be formed not only on the legs, but also on the hands. The bump feels like a medium density small ball. Formed due to infection, closure of the sebaceous glands, ingestion of a foreign body. It has the following symptoms: it does not hurt, it increases slowly, when pressed it shifts slightly to the side.
Harmless red, round neoplasms formed subcutaneously on the legs and arms. The exact reasons for its appearance are unknown. Their main features are:
- purple, brown or red growths;
- their diameter varies in the aisle of 0.3-0.6 cm;
- in rare cases, cause itching, burning and pain.
These tumors are red balls formed from soft subcutaneous tissue. To the touch lipoma – elastic and soft bumps. They grow slowly and are not harmful to health. Both single and group bumps appear. The size of the majority is in the chapel 5 cm, they do not cause discomfort and discomfort. The pain occurs only in the case of pressing the lipomas on the nerve endings.
Enlarged lymph nodes
Small ball (up to 0.5 cm), located on the back of the foot or sole. When feeling the lymph nodes are dense and hot. The formation of such a tubercle is combined with infectious symptoms: general weakness, temperature.
If there are subcutaneous seals on the foot, you should immediately consult a doctor. Timely diagnosis is the key to successful treatment and prevention of complications.
How is the treatment?
The therapist, rheumatologist, dermatologist, oncologist, infectious disease specialist will help to cope with the pathology. After studying all the analyzes obtained, an accurate diagnosis is made and the causative factor is determined.
Each type of bumps has its own method of treatment.
- If the appearance of a bump is a consequence of the transition of gout to the chronic stage, the treatment is to prevent seizures, relieve pain and swelling. Uric acid reducing drugs, decongestants, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Additionally, the patient is recommended to follow a special diet and a course of physiotherapy.
- When forming a lump as a result of the progression of bursitis, the synovial sac is washed, injected with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. Physiotherapy is carried out, compresses and contrasting gadgets are prescribed. The patient is required to comply with hygiene requirements, limitation of physical activity. The neglected stage of bursitis is not amenable to medical treatment. The patient is undergoing surgery.
- If the seal on the leg under the skin was formed due to the progression of varicose veins, the treatment is carried out by non-invasive methods: sclerotherapy, laser, and medication. Treatment of damaged veins with surgical excision is performed in case of a severe form of the disease.
- When a bump appears during valgus deformity, physicians recommend regular wearing of special shoes and insoles. Anti-inflammatory nonsteroid and corticosteroid (rarely) drugs are prescribed. But to completely eliminate the ball, surgery is required.
- If the subcutaneous ball is a cyst, then treatment is prescribed in extreme cases. It usually resolves itself over time. If the cyst is inflamed and its growth progresses, a therapeutic course is performed followed by surgical removal.
- Dermatofibromic lump does not require removal, but if desired, the patient can be removed by surgery. To reduce its size, to make it flat, cryotherapy is used – freezing with liquid nitrogen.
- Lipoma ball does not require surgical treatment, since the neighboring tissues are not damaged. Its removal is performed only at the request of the patient or in the case when it is a visible cosmetic defect.
- Formation of the seal due to inflammation of the lymph nodes is treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. In order to avoid further development of inflammation, it is impossible to apply warming and warming compresses!
Any of the bumps that appear on the foot can not be ignored. Even if she is not worried, it is still necessary to consult a doctor.
To their health should be treated carefully. The emergence of any type of seal is a strong argument in favor of visiting a specialist.