Hypotension or as they also call this disease, vegetative-vascular dystonia, is characterized by consistently low blood pressure. Symptoms of the disease are chronic fatigue, loss of strength, fatigue, headaches or dizziness, rapid pulse, etc.
Doctors distinguish two types of arterial hypotension: primary and secondary. Primary hypotension is very rare and is caused, most often, by a person’s susceptibility to this disease. For example, heredity or a feature of the structure of the body. Especially often this form of the disease is diagnosed among slender and tiny people. Secondary hypotension is a complication of another complex disease, in particular, liver disease, stomach or ordinary allergies.
Diagnosis and treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia is not only a cardiologist, but also a neurologist, because the development of the disease is often associated with disorders of the nervous system.
Pressure boosting agents
There are numerous drugs that increase blood pressure. And this is not always drugs. There are many quite popular methods of treating arterial hypotension.
- Caffeine. You can get it by drinking a cup of coffee or strong black or green tea. In addition, there are such pills to raise the pressure. Caffeine causes vasoconstriction, which leads to an increase in pressure. But drug abuse is not worth it.
- Lemongrass The most common remedy is alcohol tincture of this plant. Before each meal you need to drink 25 drops of infusion of lemongrass, which provides an increase in blood pressure. Lemongrass has a fairly strong effect on the body, being a natural stimulant. The drug has a general tonic and psychostimulating effect, manifested in the excitability of the nervous system and stimulation of the heart. You can not use tincture of lemongrass for hypertension, insomnia, and disorders of the heart.
- Eleutherococcus. A very useful and versatile plant that has many beneficial properties. This is a great tonic. In addition, Eleutherococcus has a positive effect on the nervous system, relieves fatigue, and also has a stimulating effect on the brain and physical activity of the body. It is undesirable to use tincture for hypertension, insomnia and increased excitability of the nervous system.
- Ginseng. A plant that has a wide range of medical applications due to its unique properties. Tincture of ginseng has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. Ginseng tincture is used in the recovery of the body after serious illness, stress, nervous exhaustion, with neurosis and insomnia. In general, this plant has a tonic, firming, increasing efficiency and resistance to disease.
- Rosehip It has a number of useful properties, including the normalization of pressure, reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood and strengthening of blood vessels. To accept wild rose can be as tea, decoction, tincture and syrup. In medicine, used and the roots and flowers, and the fruits of this plant.
- Levzey. The extract of this plant, like all previous ones, has a good tonic effect. It has a beneficial effect on the central nervous system, it is excellent for apathy, chronic fatigue, nervous disorders and depression. Making a positive impact on the nervous system, already these Leuvzea can normalize pressure and improve the work of the cardiovascular system. Tincture can not be used if a person is diagnosed with hypertension or there is increased nervous irritability. Do not give infusions and decoctions to children under 12 years of age, as well as to take women in the period of childbirth and breastfeeding.
Drugs that increase the pressure
- Niketamide (second name drug Cordiamine) Cordiamin increases or decreases pressure? Quite a strong drug, prescribed to receive patients with a diagnosis of hypotension. Appointed in the form of drops and injections. You need to be very careful about the dosage of this drug, because in this case there is a risk of side effects, such as redness of the skin, itching, vomiting, arrhythmia, and some others.
- Bellatamininal. It is used for disorders of the vagus nerve function, manifested in neurosis, insomnia and other symptoms.
- Fludrocortisone. The drug is prescribed for frequent bouts of orthostatic hypotension,
In any case, drugs to increase the pressure are applied only when prescribed by a doctor. In this case, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the instructions and strictly observe the necessary dosage.
Does Validol increase or decrease pressure?
Quite a frequent question that is of interest to hypotonic. It is believed that patients with a similar diagnosis is prohibited to take this drug. The peculiarity of the drug is a calming effect on the nervous system, which to a certain extent helps to restore normal pressure values. But directly validol does not affect the pressure in any way and works more like a placebo.