Simple advice on how to reduce pressure at home quickly and without special preparations may be needed by anyone. Jumps in blood pressure are not uncommon, even among young healthy people, it is enough to get nervous or experience severe physical exertion. High pressure is dangerous for the cardiovascular system, it must be stopped by any available means.
How to reduce pressure quickly without pills
To do without pills from the pressure is possible only with a slight excess of the norm. A jump in blood pressure caused by stress, fatigue, and overstrain is usually stopped without medication, it is enough to rest and calm the nervous system. How to reduce blood pressure at home without medication:
- If possible, lie down, sit comfortably in a chair. Cover your eyes, relax your muscles, breathe evenly and calmly, sleep. In a quiet state, the heartbeat normalizes, the walls of blood vessels expand, the pressure decreases.
- A walk in the fresh air reduces the adrenaline rush that causes a pressure surge in a stressful situation.
- Take a douche or make a cool bath for your arms and legs. Dip your forearms and feet in the water.
- Hold your hands up to the elbows and legs in a hot bath, make a warm compress on the neck in the neck area.
- Apply mustard plasters to the calf muscles or occipital area for 10 minutes.
- Take a soothing bath with lavender oil, valerian root infusion.
- Do breathing exercises: deeply and slowly inhale, a short pause, exhale and hold your breath again. Try to breathe more belly than the chest.
- Lower your head down, take a deep breath, press your chin to your chest, stand still for 2 – 3 minutes, breathe evenly and calmly.
- Massage your ears. The first way to reduce pressure at home quickly and efficiently is to intensively rub auricles to redness. The second option is to insert index fingers into the ear holes and rotate them with circular movements forward.
- Press on the point between the thumb and forefinger on the back of your hand for several minutes. With the right taps at the base of the thumb, pain is felt.
- Massage the neck area, go to the upper chest, then – on the back of the head. Movement should be slack, rubbing and stroking nature. If possible, ask for help from relatives.
- Dampen a towel with apple cider vinegar, wrap shins or apply to the feet for 10 minutes.
- Have a light snack to cause a rush of blood to the stomach.
- Mark on the spot or push away from the wall.
How to determine high blood pressure
The normal blood pressure in adults is 120/80 mmHg. Art. regardless of age. Many therapists consider acceptable the figures 130-140 mm Hg. Art. systolic pressure and 90-100 diastolic, but for cardiologists this condition is already on the verge of hypertension and requires treatment. Rare episodes of hypertension occur in people who do not complain about their health, and they are far from always feeling unwell about them as an attack of high pressure.
What symptoms indicate the need to use a tonometer:
- headache, dizziness;
- heart palpitations;
- noise in ears;
- throbbing in the head;
If this state of health is repeated systematically, you need to see a doctor: examine the cardiovascular system and, if necessary, receive a constant anti-hypertensive therapy. With sudden symptoms and lack of medication, each hypertensive patient should know how to reduce blood pressure at home.
How to normalize the pressure of folk methods
Why after using this drug hypertension leaves forever? A discovery that changed the lives of millions!
With mild hypertension, herbal medicine effectively reduces pressure. Medicinal teas, decoctions and infusions are desirable to drink courses for several months. For emergency cases, there are several means of how to relieve pressure at home quickly with folk remedies:
- Drink a glass of warm mineral water without gas, acidified with lemon juice.
- Brew green tea, add a couple of slices of lemon, drink during the day.
- Mix dill and spring nettle in equal proportions. 4 tbsp. l raw materials, pour half a liter of milk, boil and leave for 10 minutes. Spread the drink all day.
- Carcade tea relaxes vascular spasms, has a diuretic effect, thereby normalizes pressure.
- Make an infusion of plantain leaves and larkspur. 2 tbsp. l collection pour 250 ml of boiling water, leave to infuse. Drink ½ cup, the other half – lying in bed with a warm heater in your legs.
- Boil 40 clove buds in a liter of water, strain the liquid. Take three times a day and 1 tbsp. l
- In a glass of boiled water, place a large spoonful of chopped dill. Drink an infusion of 1/3 cup, distribute into 3 doses.
- Pour alcoholic hawthorn tincture (1 teaspoon) into a glass of water, take it 3 times.
- In the initial stage of hypertension helps drug from the poplar buds. Make alcohol tincture in the ratio of 25 kidney per 100 ml, after a week you can take. Course: before each meal, 20 drops.
When signs of hypertension appear, it is necessary to adjust the diet and lifestyle:
- reduce the consumption of salt, animal fats, fluids;
- include in the diet foods containing insoluble fiber, calcium and magnesium;
- stop smoking;
- normalize body weight;
- Do feasible, and most importantly – regular, physical exercise.
Traditional methods help to relieve high blood pressure for a while, but in order to prevent the development of hypertension, it is necessary to adhere to a healthy diet for the rest of your life, eliminate provoking factors, and cure concomitant pathologies. If there is a persistent increase in blood pressure, long-term antihypertensive therapy is prescribed by a cardiologist on an ongoing basis.
How to reduce blood pressure with medication
Drugs for pressure can not be taken as a headache pills for the sick – drank. Antihypertensive drugs are prescribed only with a confirmed hypertensive diagnosis, taking into account the causes and extent of the disease.
As a rule, medications are applied every day without interruption, to avoid going beyond the target range. Drugs have different effects, and their choice depends on the particular pathology of a particular patient.
The effect is achieved due to the impact on the peripheral and central nervous system:
- Clonidine – acts on the receptors in the hypothalamus (A-blocker), causing a rapid decrease in pressure. When a hypertensive crisis is injected, for the treatment of arterial hypertension of predominantly renal origin – orally, 1 to 2 tablets three times a day. Reduces pressure almost instantly. If there is no effect for 2 days, taking clonidine is stopped. It is released only by prescription, abrupt cancellation can provoke a crisis.
- Moxonidine – quickly suppresses an attack of hypertension with a single dose and normalizes the pressure during prolonged therapy. Affects vascular tone due to the effect on the peripheral nervous system without changing the pulse and cardiac output. Dosage – 1 tablet per day.
- Methyldopa – A-blocker of central action, reduces the pressure after 3 – 4 hours for the whole day. It is prescribed for mild and moderate hypertension of 250 mg (according to indications, the dosage is increased) per day, after normalization of pressure – once every 2 days.
Why after using this drug hypertension leaves forever? A discovery that changed the lives of millions!
These drugs affect the pressure through the effects on the renin-angiotensin system: they block the work of the enzyme that converts the hormone angiotensin into the active form responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels.
- Akkupro – used for renovascular hypertension. After a single dose, it lowers the tonometer for 1 hour. Prolonged use of 10-20 mg per day normalizes blood pressure.
- Captopril – at a dosage of 25 mg under the tongue, quickly relieves a hypertensive crisis. A persistent decrease in pressure of the renal form is achieved by taking 12.5 mg three times a day.
- Capozid – 1 tablet per day reduces pressure by blocking ATP and diuretic action.
- Lisinopril – the drug has a hypotensive result 1 hour after administration, it is an ATP inhibitor and a diuretic.
Another option to effectively reduce pressure in the home is to take muscle relaxants, which instantly relax the vascular walls in emergency situations. Due to the expansion of blood vessels, nitroglycerin, diazoxide, hydralazine and other drugs act quickly.
Popular with hypertensive experienced drugs-diuretics are almost never used to relieve seizures. They are effective only with long-term treatment in combination with more powerful antihypertensives.
How to quickly stop an attack of hypertension at home
A sharp increase in pressure can trigger a hypertensive crisis – an emergency condition, life-threatening. It requires immediate hospitalization, and in the case of an uncomplicated course, medical care at home.
The main actions, how to reduce pressure at home urgently, should be known to both the hypertensive patient and his relatives. With a strong jump, you must call an ambulance, and in anticipation:
- take a comfortable half-sitting position;
- provide fresh air – ventilate the room, relax the belt, collar;
- place heat on the legs (a hot-water bottle, a bottle of hot water, mustard plasters to the feet or on the shins);
- drink your usual drug for hypertension;
- 20 drops of Corvalol will help calm down;
- a captopril tablet under the tongue will relieve a headache caused by pressure;
- Furosemide will reduce blood volume due to diuretic action;
- a capsule of nitroglycerin under the tongue in 1 – 1.5 minutes will relieve an attack of angina pectoris;
- together with nitroglycerin need to dissolve the tablet validol – to reduce side effects.
How to show normal pressure at the doctor
To hide the increased pressure from the doctor means to commit a crime against your health, and, possibly, life. Out of a desire to go through a medical examination without a problem, a medical examination, to avoid referral to a cardiologist and examinations, some patients prefer to remain silent about their bad state of health. To the tonometer showed normal numbers, go to all sorts of tricks. For example, they take antihypertensive drugs independently, distorting real indicators. As a result, the doctor does not see the full picture, cannot make a diagnosis in time and try to prevent the development of hypertension and its complications.
It is not uncommon and reverse situations where the therapist suspects hypertension in a healthy person, prescribes unnecessary medication. White coat syndrome – an increase in pressure at the time of measurement at the doctor in the office – occurs most often in emotional and mentally unstable people. In most cases, in the usual setting, such a “patient” feels completely normal, and only crossing the threshold of the clinic shows signs of hypertension.
In order to obtain objective indicators of pressure, before the physical examination it is desirable to have a light snack on fermented milk products, greens, nuts, and drink soothing tea. At the reception to come in advance, without haste, if necessary – to make breathing exercises. If this does not help, avoiding a misdiagnosis will help daily blood pressure monitoring. In any case, it is not necessary to abandon the examination: “the fear of a white coat” may be the only symptom of cardiac, endocrine, and renal pathologies.