This method is practiced in medicine relatively recently, but a steady positive result is observed in 90% of cases.
The non-invasive technique is that a low-frequency sound wave is able to quickly penetrate as deeply as possible into the tissues of the body and effectively act on the painful areas. This leads to improved blood circulation, neutralization of inflammatory processes and rapid restoration of damaged joints.
Be sure to adhere to all the recommendations of a specialist and a positive effect will certainly be felt.
Types of shock wave therapy
Therapeutic manipulations for the joints are performed using equipment that can generate the following types of waves:
- Focused – powerful devices for intensive shock wave therapy. Therapy with such a sound wave is indispensable for cervical osteochondrosis, arthrosis, hernia and other diseases accompanied by intense pain.
- Planar – wave with an average penetration depth.
- Radial – the wave that has the weakest effect. Used for minor injuries of the knee and shoulder joint, treatment of cellulite and obesity. The deeper the wave penetrates the body, the less its strength.
All of these types of waves differ in the magnitude of pressure and depth of penetration. Depending on the source of the creation of a wave, the equipment is of the following types: electromagnetic, piezoelectric, pneumatic, electrohydraulic.
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder or knee.
- The period of rehabilitation after serious injury.
- Spinal osteochondrosis, sciatica, arthritis and other diseases associated with disruption of the normal operation of the joints.
- Cellulitis, burns, trophic ulcers.
- Therapy of the bones on the legs.
- Pain after joint arthroplasty.
This is an incomplete list of diseases for which helps UHT. Scientists regularly study the possibilities of this technique and its effectiveness not only in the treatment, but also in the prevention of a wide range of pathologies.
For example, shock-wave therapy of the cervical spine is prescribed for severe headaches, pressure drops, deterioration of performance, rapid fatigue. Regular wellness sessions allow not only to normalize the patient’s condition, but also to prevent serious diseases.
To make sure that shock wave therapy helps, evaluate all its advantages on your personal experience. Treatment should take place comprehensively with other medical procedures and medications (at the discretion of the physician).
As with every medical manipulation, there are indications and contraindications for shock wave therapy. In this case, you should refrain from carrying out the procedure:
- Pregnancy period (regardless of the period).
- Benign and malignant tumors of various localization.
- The presence of a pacemaker, angina.
- Violation of the processes of normal blood clotting.
Physiotherapy is not prescribed to adolescents, since the body is still forming a skeleton and the effects of acoustic waves can cause some complications. To exclude side effects, you should consult your doctor before starting treatment.
How is the treatment?
Shock wave therapy for arthritis and other diseases does not require special training. You just need to relax and tune in to a positive result.
The patient takes a lying or sitting position on the couch (depending on the area of impact), the specialist applies a special gel to the area to be treated and applies the tip of the UHT device to the body. The duration of the first session – an average of 15 minutes. For some zones, the optimal exposure time is only 7-8 minutes.
After the course of treatment, the patients have the following effects:
- Blood circulation is improved.
- Slow pathological process.
- Normalized metabolism in the field of exposure to shock wave therapy.
- Recovery processes are accelerated.
- In osteochondrosis and other degenerative diseases of the joints, large deposits of calcium are destroyed.
With treatment of spinal hernia, arthrosis, cervical osteochondrosis and other degenerative diseases with the help of shock wave therapy, the first positive result can be seen after the second or third procedure. After completing a full course of treatment, the high number of patients reduces the need for taking medication and even removes the question of surgical intervention.
Knee Joint Treatment early-stage shock wave therapy avoids complex and expensive endoprosthetics.
If even after the third to fourth session the degree of pain does not decrease, you should consult with your doctor. No need to endure, especially with hernia and other pathologies associated with impaired motor activity. In the case when the disease is already in an acute form, to avoid complications, treatment should be discontinued.
How often do shock wave therapy
The frequency of recreational sessions with shock wave therapy is slightly different than that of other physiotherapeutic procedures. Since after the first visit the patient may experience discomfort and redness in the treated area, the second procedure should be started at an interval of at least 5-7 days. The break between the following recreational sessions – 2-3 days.
For osteoarthritis of the knee joint and spinal pathologies, a physiotherapy room should be visited at least 6-7 times. If necessary, after six months, the course of shock wave therapy can be repeated.
Shock wave therapy at home
If you have an apparatus for shock wave therapy, you understand how it is used and the principle of its action, you can carry out physiotherapy treatment at home. First read the instructions with photos, which clearly shows how to start and use the device in work.
It is better not to draw information from the Internet, but to consult with a qualified doctor. If you are far from medicine, then arthrosis and other diseases of the skeletal system should be treated with shock wave therapy in a medical institution under the supervision of experienced specialists.
First of all, clinics have good modern equipment that does not harm health.
Secondly, Doctors can always react in time if the patient feels unwell during the procedure. This is especially true for spinal hernia, the effect on which is permissible far from at each stage of the disease.