The bikini area is one of the most sensitive parts of the body: the skin is thin, delicate and prone to irritation. Especially often, irritation appears after shaving and sometimes does not go away for several days.
Skin reddens, pimples appear, torments of insurmountable itching and discomfort. How to get rid of irritation after shaving in the bikini area? Consider the most faithful ways.
How to shave?
First of all, it is very important to know how to shave a bikini area correctly. It is the errors in this painstaking process that cause subsequent discomfort. Your step by step actions:
- Take a hot shower or a short bath so that the skin warms up and steams out;
- Apply shaving foam over the entire bikini area;
- It is important to shave the hair growth, so the skin gets less microdamages;
- After shaving, rinse your skin with cool water and apply aftershave intended for sensitive skin.
Popular recipe for irritation.
Secondly, you should carefully try the following recipe. Those who apply it indicate that this is the best answer to the question of how to get rid of irritation after shaving in the bikini area.
You will need a couple of aspirin tablets and a pharmacy solution of hydrogen peroxide. Before shaving, mash one or two tablets of acetylsalicylic acid, mix in a mush with warm clean water and massage the mixture into a bikini area. Rinse and shave. At the end of it, instead of lotion, wipe the skin with a cotton swab dipped in 3% hydrogen peroxide. It can be replaced with a lemon slice.
How else can you help yourself?
We have collected for you the most interesting and effective tips to prevent and eliminate irritation after shaving. Nearby you can read how to get rid of eye swelling. Now read 12 tips, and determine which one is best for you.
- Use no blade, and an electric razor. The happy owners of electric shavers assure of the complete absence of irritation in the after-shave bikini area;
- Change blade frequently. Ideally, after each shave;
- Use only high-quality shaving machines with a convenient handle for you personally;
- After shaving use baby powder based on talc on the bikini area;
- Pay attention to the linen. It should be perfectly clean and change as often as possible. Natural fabrics are preferable. It is contact with the material of underwear often becomes the cause of a painful search for an answer, how to get rid of the irritation after shaving in the bikini area. Sometimes irritation is a kind of allergic reaction to the fabric, but it can also be caused by physical rubbing, so experiment with cuts;
- With strong irritation, you can apply cotton pads to the damaged areas with a decoction of chamomile – this will soothe the skin and speed up the recovery process;
- Someone helps classic baby cream or baby oil;
- Accelerate the healing of severe irritation with pimples tea tree oil;
- Wonderful healing agent – Panthenol;
- Chlorhexidine is also capable of disinfecting and eliminating pimples, an effective and safe, odorless remedy;
- In severe cases, hydrocortisone ointment saves;
- If you are often tormented by irritation after shaving in the bikini area, you may want to try depilatory creams.
Well, finally, it will probably be interesting for you to read whether shugaring is possible at home, as well as a recipe with citric acid.