Can I go to the bath with a temperature of 37 and above? This question is relevant for those people who are accustomed to regularly visit the bath or sauna.
A visit to the bath is not only fun, but also a huge benefit for the whole body.
Doctors have shown that under the influence of steam in the blood, the number of leukocytes increases, which helps a person to cope with colds and other diseases.
But not always the effect of steam has a beneficial effect on the state of the upper respiratory tract and other organs.
When you can not bathe
If viruses have settled in the body and the body temperature exceeds 37, it is not only undesirable, but also dangerous to go to the bath. At least that’s what the doctors say. What caused these restrictions?
When the body begins to intensively produce white blood cells, the load on all its systems, in particular the heart, increases. That is why in the hot steam room it always starts to fight hard. Such a test of strength is very unreasonable, since visiting this institution is not a vital necessity.
- At the very beginning of a cold or flu, steaming is very helpful and you can even nip the disease at the root.
- You can go to the bath when the illness has already receded, and the body temperature has returned to normal. However, you should not get involved in, the first visit for a weakened body should be as short as possible.
- It is impossible to go to a bath with a temperature above 37 categorically. Such a thermometer indicates that the disease is in an acute and active stage. Additional exposure to high temperatures from the outside will only aggravate the situation.
If you sweat at a temperature, you are likely to cause dizziness and a severe headache. In addition, some chronic diseases may worsen.
When a person has a high body temperature, he begins to have profuse sweating. In such a situation, the patient wants coolness for the heated body, and not an increase in degrees. Naturally, he will not go to the bath where it is very hot.
How to behave in the bath with a cold
At the first signs of a cold and when the crisis is over, you can go to the bath. However, you need to know how to behave in such a situation, so as not to harm the body weakened by the virus.
- it is necessary to start to warm up evenly, sudden changes in temperature are prohibited;
- in a steam room it would be nice to create a herbal steam, for which you need to sprinkle decoction of fir, chamomile, eucalyptus, thyme on hot stones;
- you can stay in the steam room for no more than 10 minutes, after which you should throw a robe on the body and go to the waiting room;
- you need to ensure that at this point in the bath there were no drafts;
- the body must cool gradually, just as it heated;
- no diving in cold water or rubbing with snow;
- after the bath it is recommended to drink as much liquid as possible, preferably tea with honey or lemon, herbal teas.
If, after the first visit to the steam room, the person feels satisfactory, you can make a second call, but after it you should stop. In the steam room is recommended to use a bath broom, however, without much zeal.
Headgear designed for the steam room should be cooled more often. This measure is necessary for the prevention of overheating and, accordingly, headache. Some risky people prefer to drink beer or vodka in the bath. It is very dangerous, especially for a weakened body.
After the bath, the best thing is to go home, go to bed and try to sleep. Most likely, there will be no trace of the disease in the morning. Details about colds and steam rooms will be answered by the material on our site – is it possible to bathe in colds with colds?
If after the bath the patient has deteriorated, the second time it is not worth the risk. This situation requires traditional therapy and a visit to the doctor.
A little about the benefits of bath brooms
Using a broom in the bath is a whole art. You need to know how to choose the right broom and steam it. In Russia, the most common brooms from:
Some brooms are for treatment. In the middle of their insert sprigs of herbs, juniper. These supplements, hidden in the foliage, stimulate blood circulation well and do not cause discomfort to the skin.
To go to the bath without a broom does not make sense, especially when it comes to visiting for the purpose of recovery.
However, it is better if the brooms will be used according to their intended purpose.
- Birch broom improves the appearance of the skin and favors the dilution of sputum in case of bronchitis.
- The product of nettle has a positive effect on the nervous system and has an expectorant effect.
- Lime broom cleanses the bronchi, provides antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- When using a broom made of eucalyptus, a person receives breathing relief, an antiseptic and antiviral effect, the release of the nasopharynx.
- Products from juniper and fir material improves respiratory function, guarantees anti-inflammatory and anti-bactericidal effects.
- Alder broom facilitates sputum discharge, is an excellent remedy for colds and coughs.
We recommend an interesting video in this article, just on the topic of baths and colds.