Very often, we do not pay attention to symptoms that are not related to pain, mistakenly believing that the body can cope on its own, and the state of health is gradually returning to normal. For example, symptoms such as bloating and constipation, which can occur due to many causes and adverse factors.
These factors are:
- Errors in nutrition: unbalanced diet, systematic overeating, eating habits, excessive consumption of fatty and spicy foods.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Gastritis – inflammation of the gastric mucosa. May occur in acute and chronic form. The main symptoms are epigastric pain, belching, nausea, vomiting
- Pancreatitis is an inflammatory disease of the pancreas of an acute or chronic nature. It is manifested by very strong surrounding pains in the epigastric region with irradiation to the lower back, nausea, persistent vomiting.
- Colitis is a disease of the colon associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane. It may occur with mild symptoms, or acutely with severe signs of dyspepsia.
- Enteritis is an inflammatory process in the small intestine, usually having an acute course with symptoms similar to the symptoms of an intestinal infection.
- Liver diseases – hepatitis of an infectious or non-infectious nature, causing dyspeptic disorders.
- Violation of the bacterial composition of intestinal microflora – dysbacteriosis. Dysbacteriosis is a complex, multi-symptom, poorly treatable disease, which is characterized by a decrease in the number of beneficial bacteria and an increase in the harmful microflora. Symptoms of dysbiosis are very diverse: constipation, diarrhea, bloating, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, fluctuations in body weight, and others. Dysbacteriosis is dangerous by a significant decrease in the immune status of the body and, consequently, the development of various infectious diseases.
- Helminthiasis is a disease associated with the entry of multicellular parasites into the human body. As a result, the digestion of food is disturbed, the absorption of the nutrient components of food, vitamins and minerals is reduced.
- Stressful situations.
All of the above reasons. can lead to irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS.
In addition to bloating and constipation, IBS can manifest as pain in the navel and lower abdomen, diarrhea
To eliminate IBS, if it is impossible to seek medical assistance in the near future, independent steps should be taken.
So what to do?
Urgent actions for IBS
- To get rid of IBS symptoms in a short time you need to take activated charcoal. The drug is an effective enterosorbent, helps to eliminate the causes of excessive gas formation. It is necessary to take activated carbon at the rate of 10 tablets per 1 kg of body weight. It is fairly easy to treat bloating with the help of chelators.
- Massage the abdomen. Massage can be performed independently in the supine position. You must first get rid of the constraining clothing, crushing rubber bands and belts. The procedure consists in stroking the abdomen in a clockwise direction from the navel to the pubic abdomen. You can do a massage for IBS several times a day.
- Take a warm decoction of chamomile, you can add honey.
- As a medication can use activated charcoal to eliminate bloating. After that – take a mild laxative, for example – duphalac in the age dosage.
Normalization of power
Exclude products, causing increased flatulence:
- Fresh cabbage.
- White bread, especially yeast dough baked goods.
- Milk products.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Increase the intake of foods that normalize digestion and minimize the fermentation processes in the intestines:
- Boiled fish.
- Lean meat
- Boiled or baked vegetables, with the exception of cabbage, beans and sorrel.
- Groats, except for barley and millet.
- Brown bread croutons.
- Herbal tea.
The number of meals should be at least five per day, the portions should be small, that is, you must eat according to the rules of fractional food.
Other eating habits for bloating and constipation:
- The amount of fluid consumed should be at least 2-2.5 liters per day. It is better if it is mineral water without gas, or tea with the addition of chamomile, mint.
- If there are signs of dysbiosis, it will be helpful to add fermented milk products enriched in lactic acid bacteria to the diet.
- It is desirable that all food was cooked by steam or boiled.
With bowel disease, accompanied by swelling and constipation, adequate physical activity is shown in the form of morning jogging, charging, swimming in the pool. Do exercises better in the morning.
Traditional methods of treatment
- Berry and herbal infusion. Rowan berries, mint, valerian root and dill seeds are mixed in a ratio of 4: 3: 2: 3. Then take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and pour 200 ml of hot boiling water. Insist at least 24 hours in a thermos. Take 50 ml in the morning and evening in the form of heat.
- Brewer infusion. Two tablespoons of the berries of the bird cherry pour 500 ml of hot boiling water, bring to readiness on the steam bath for 20 minutes. Then add 40-50 drops of propolis tincture. Take in the form of heat 30-40 minutes before meals.
- Chamomile decoction. It is better to cook the broth immediately before eating. Half a tablespoon pour 100-120 ml of hot boiling water, insist 10-15 minutes. Then filtered and taken in the form of heat for 15-20 minutes before eating. You can add some honey.
- Parsley infusion. Fresh parsley 50-60 grams pour hot boiling water, insist half an hour. Then add mineral water without gas in the ratio of 1: 3. Take in small sips throughout the day.
- Potato juice. Fresh potatoes grate on a fine grater, squeeze through a sieve or cheesecloth. In the morning, take a third of a glass of potato juice on an empty stomach. The course of treatment is two weeks.
Continued compliance with these measures will speed up the elimination of irritable bowel syndrome.
Drugs that can be started independently before going to the doctor are listed below.