The pancreas plays a large role in the human body. Thanks to it, enzymes that help break down proteins and fats are released. Also in the body produces insulin, without which diabetes develops. The gland is closely connected with the organs of the tract, and when it hurts in the left hypochondrium, this indicates illnesses. Knowing the basic rules of first aid, it is possible not only to cure the organ, but also to save the life of the patient.
Why does the pancreas hurt
The causes of pain syndrome, there are many. When an organ hurts, the main factors are:
- Improper diet, overeating, excessive use of unhealthy foods. Enzymes begin to be produced in the digestive juice, starting to destroy the gland cells. Eating at night violates humoral and nervous regulation. These mechanisms affect the correct orientation of the organism.
- Alcohol abuse and smoking. Reception of substances is a provocateur of excessive secretion of pancreatic juice. Thus, the secreted enzymes begin to destroy the gland tissue. Alcohol with tobacco affects the blood supply to the organ, and when oxygen starvation begins, the inflammatory process progresses faster.
- Disturbed metabolism. Often the clinical picture is expressed by obesity.
- Concomitant diseases of the digestive tract. Often this concerns the disease of the biliary tract and gallbladder.
- Circulatory disorders.
- Long-term medication.
Elimination of aching pain
If the side does not hurt so much that I want to crawl onto the wall, there is no frequent vomiting, urination is frequent (rare urges indicate dehydration), and there is no desire to lie in the hospital, do the following:
- The first day you need to refuse to eat, often drink purified water without gas. This will relieve the pancreas from the load, will stop the production of enzymes. As a drink, suitable weak tea or a drink from the hips, you can not drink juices and fruit drinks. You need to drink liquid in the amount of 1.5 – 2 liters per day. Then you can turn on the food in the menu, there is often it in small portions. For the daily diet suitable vegetable puree, steam cutlets from lean meat and fish, omelette from egg whites, vegetable puree. When you feel better, you can eat cottage cheese with a low percentage of fat, dairy products, baked pears and apples, drink fruit compote and jelly. You can forget about fried, fatty, smoked, spicy, salty foods, chocolate and baked goods, fruits and vegetables are allowed only in boiled form.
- If vomiting or nausea occurs, proper medication is allowed. Before taking the drug should consult with your doctor.
If a person allowed himself to eat a forbidden product, which caused pancreatic pain, he would need:
- Enzyme medications. They reduce the production of pancreatic enzymes.
- Painkillers. If the pills do not help, do not get carried away with them, it is better to consult with your doctor.
- Medications that reduce acid secretion in the stomach, for example, omeprazole.
- If a patient has spasms of the bile ducts, especially when pancreatitis occurs with cholelithiasis or chronic cholecystitis, the antispasmodics will relieve symptoms. For this fit No-spa or Duspatalin.
At home, possible treatment of folk remedies. Non-traditional method is effective in the case when the disease is not neglected. If the severe form of the disease progresses, drugs can not do.
- Broth from oat grains. Pour into a saucepan a glass of oats with a liter of boiling water, put on a small fire. Bring the mixture to a boil, after 15 minutes, pour liquid into a thermos flask, preferably overnight. In the morning you can start the monthly course, only you need to strain the broth, drink it 2 times a day.
- Chicory root, burdock, dandelion and elecampane. All ingredients take in equal proportions and mix. At 1 tbsp. Spoon need 200 ml of water. The broth is cooked 5 minutes (after boiling) on low heat. Wait until the liquid infusions, it should be drained, and then drink 1 tbsp. spoon before eating.
- Widespread use has won a vegetable called potatoes. It helps against many ailments, including pancreatic diseases. Grind grated potatoes, then squeeze it. Vegetable juice should be drunk 2 hours before meals, 100 g each. After drinking the juice, after 5 minutes you need to drink 200 ml of kefir. The course of therapy lasts 14 days, after which you need a break of 10 days, then repeat the treatment.
- Compress from yogurt, a seemingly unusual method for treating an internal organ, but this is a proven method. It is necessary to soak the soft cloth with yogurt, attach a little to the left of the stomach, cover with polyethylene and wrap with a woolen scarf. Treatment lasts 6 weeks.
When iron hurts, some people use oriental medicine. It is necessary to collect warm water in the basin so that the feet are in it, then throw a tablespoon of salt, put your feet in a container. The person at this moment should take a sitting position, put a wax candle in front of him at a distance of 15 to 20 cm, the flame should be located at the level of the middle of the eyebrows. The spine should be straightened, then you need to put your palms on the upper legs and look at the fire, at the same time you need to observe how the ailment leaves the diseased body, going into the water. The procedure lasts 15 minutes. Then you need to pour water into the toilet, rinse your feet with clean water. You can not use the basin for the treatment of diseases for other purposes.
Elimination of acute pain
If you have acute pain, without the help of a doctor can not do. The pain can be so severe that the patient can be admitted to the hospital and prescribed strong antibiotics. Before the arrival of the ambulance, the patient must somehow hold out. To do this, do the following:
- It is assumed to take a knee-elbow position. The pain will not disappear, but it will ease the patient’s condition. With this posture, the pressure of the organ on the nerve plexus decreases.
- The patient should be at rest, moving as little as possible.
- You need to attach ice to the stomach. This procedure is done to reduce the active process of the pancreas.
- It is necessary to use painkillers drugs. If the pancreas hurts often, there must be supplies of medications that contain gland enzymes.
When the pancreas hurts, first of all it is necessary to exclude all factors affecting the health of the patient:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Follow a diet and consume enough vitamins. Foods that contain carbohydrates should be eliminated from the diet.
- It is necessary to find out the cause of the pain, to consult with experts. May have to do the surgery.
- Do not abuse drugs.