Various diseases of the blood vessels, veins and arteries are becoming more common in recent times. The most susceptible to such ills are women. However, some men suffer from varicose veins. This article will tell you about why veins crawl out on your legs. What to do in this case, you will also learn. The causes, symptoms and treatment of the disease will be described below.
Varicose veins – what is it?
What should I do if there are veins on my legs? For a start it is worth finding out some general information about varicose veins. It develops recently in patients of all ages. However, older people and women are more prone to illness. Over time, the walls of blood vessels simply stretch and thin. This leads to the formation of so-called nodules.
Varicose veins is a strong stretching of the vessel. Often it is accompanied by inflammation and damage to the valves. There are certain prerequisites for the development of this disease – we will tell about them below. Varicose veins must be treated necessarily. Otherwise, it may enter a more difficult stage.
Causes of the disease
To a man who has a vein on his leg, what to do? To get started is to understand the reasons for this process. Until now, they remain not thoroughly studied, but experts identify factors that contribute to the development of the disease:
- professional activities that require long standing on the legs;
- genetic predisposition;
- taking certain medications, such as sex hormones;
- overweight or obesity;
- sedentary lifestyle, lack of sports training and the like.
Symptoms of the pathological process
There are many signs of the onset of pathology. However, they do not always appear simultaneously. It happens that a person notes the presence of varicose veins in the appearance of the lower extremities, but at the same time such a condition does not give him any discomfort. What are the symptoms of the disease?
- Fatigue and pain. Often appear in the evening or at night. Also, the patient may notice convulsions that most often occur in the supine position.
- Puffiness The legs with varicose veins often swell. This symptom is especially noticeable during pregnancy.
- Itching. Affected vein itches.
- External signs. With more advanced stages of the disease, patients mark nodules on their legs and spider veins. Often, veins simply shine through thin skin – this is not a symptom of varicose veins.
Diagnosis of varicose veins
If you have a vein on your leg, what to do, you do not know, first see a doctor and make a diagnosis. Only a physician can accurately diagnose and prescribe the correct treatment.
Currently, the most popular diagnostic method is ultrasound. It is carried out in conjunction with Doppler. During the manipulation, the doctor examines the walls of blood vessels and assesses the blood flow. There are many types of dopplerography (duplex, triplex, color, and so on). The method of investigation is selected based on the symptoms and complaints of the patient.
Veins in the legs come out. What to do?
If you notice small nodules on the lower extremities, it is worth a visit to the doctor as soon as possible. No need to hope that varicose veins will pass on their own. Your condition will only get worse every day. Over time, one stage of the pathology passes into another. That is why you need to start treatment as soon as possible.
When a vein got out of the leg, what should I do? Currently, there are several ways to correct this condition. All of them are divided into conservative, surgical, minimally invasive and folk. It is worth saying that doctors categorically do not recognize the latter method. Consider the main options for correction.
Undoubtedly, therapy is required for a person who has veins in his legs. What to do in this situation? In the absence of pronounced and disturbing symptoms, drug therapy may be recommended to the patient. It consists in removing the discomfort. Also, medicines for the treatment of varicose veins have an effect on the state of the blood – they liquefy it. Due to this, the contents of the vessels easier to pass through them.
The most popular drugs for the treatment of varicose veins include the following: Detralex, Flebodia, Vearus, Troxenvazin and so on. All these pills must be taken for a long time. Also as a complementary therapy, you can use ointments and creams: Troxevasin, Lioton, Venolayf and others. As additional drugs, “Askorutin”, “Aspirin”, “Kurantil” can be prescribed. They improve blood flow in the vessels and veins.
This is the treatment that is prescribed if veins begin to appear on the legs. What to do and what medicines to take, you now know. It is worth recalling that such a correction does not guarantee complete recovery. The patient’s condition is definitely improving. The main symptoms of pathology disappear. However, those veins that have already come out will not disappear as a result of this therapy.
Minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins: laser and hardening
It is unpleasant when the veins get out on the legs. What to do to eliminate the pathological areas? When the disease stage is not started, the problem can be solved in rather simple ways. The most popular of them are laser therapy and sclerotherapy. It is worth noting that such a correction is quite expensive.
- Sclerosis is the introduction into the pathological vein of a special substance – sclerosant. Within a few days, the treated area begins to stick together and degenerate into connective tissue. Thus, all dilated veins disappear.
- Laser coagulation involves treating the affected area through the skin. At the same time, the patient feels almost no discomfort and can go home immediately after the manipulation.
Surgical Correction: Phlebectomy
If there are veins in my legs, what should I do? The treatment can be performed surgically. However, this method is the oldest and most frequently used. It is worth noting that this is the only method that guarantees you that varicose veins will not appear again on the treated area.
The operation is performed under general or epidural anesthesia. There are several methods that doctors use to remove a problem vein. After correction, it is necessary to use compression garments and take the necessary medicines.
Folk methods of getting rid of varicose veins on the legs
Folk healers recommend their methods of treatment in the case when the veins come out on the legs. What to do, what recipes to use, tell below. But it is worth warning that doctors, as a rule, consider such manipulations useless. Of course, you can somehow maintain the condition of your legs. However, to cure the pathology you will not succeed.
- In some cases chestnut tincture helps to cope with varicose veins. At the same time it is necessary to use only wild fruits. Pour the crushed raw materials with one bottle of vodka and let the composition stand in a dark place for one to two weeks. After that, wipe the affected areas with the prepared solution twice a day.
- Everyone knows the healing power of honey. Cooked cakes can help with varicose veins. To do this, take a glass of flour, one hundred milliliters of water and a few spoons of liquid honey. Stir the mixture until a homogeneous mass and form a cake. If necessary, add more flour. Applying such a compress is necessary at night until the complete disappearance of symptoms.
Veins in the legs get out during pregnancy: what to do?
When carrying a child, women often have to face a similar problem. In this case, treatment in most cases, the patient is contraindicated. Medicines that support the condition of the legs can be administered only in the second half of pregnancy. Such treatment must necessarily take into account all possible risks.
Doctors recommend future mothers suffering from varicose veins to wear compression hosiery. This is a fairly safe and effective way to maintain healthy feet. Select the product only after consulting a doctor. It is the physician who will assign you a certain type of compression, based on the disturbing symptoms.
From the article, you learned that such varicose veins of the lower extremities. This pathology not only brings physical discomfort, but also leads to the fact that the legs look unaesthetic. That is why it is necessary as soon as possible to consult a specialist and undergo the necessary diagnostics. Only after that the decision on the treatment of the disease is made in one way or another. Keep your feet standing and be healthy!