One of the most common problems that cat owners turn to as a veterinarian is hair loss. This may be due not only to improper pet care or seasonal moulting. Most often, such problems arise from malnutrition and the lack of essential trace elements. In this case, the veterinarian advises special vitamins for cats from hair loss. You should not try to choose them yourself, since the need for one or another element depends on the state of health of the pet, the cause of hair loss and the nutritional characteristics of the animal.
What are the necessary vitamins for cats
There are special vitamin complexes from hair loss, but you can give your pet certain drugs or products. You just need to know what elements the cat needs. There are no special cat vitamins. Animals need the same trace elements as humans. But there are certain features. For example, cats do not need vitamin C additionally, as their bodies produce it in sufficient quantities. What vitamins are important for the health of your pet:
– Vitamin A is necessary for normal vision, for the growth of a kitten and maintaining healthy skin and coat;
– of the B vitamins for cats, thiamine (for the health of the nervous system), riboflavin (for maintaining the normal state of the skin and coat), pantothenic acid (against hair loss) are especially necessary;
– Vitamin E is very important for the normal development of the young animal, as well as for regulating the exchange of sulfur in the skin.
Why a pet suffers from a lack of vitamins
Most often with such a problem faced by the owners who feed the cat homemade food.
Why do cats have wool?
According to the results of the appeal of owners of furry pets to the veterinarian, two main reasons for balding animals can be identified:
1. If the cat eats normally, is cheerful and playful, its nose is wet and its eyes glitter, then its hair falls out due to seasonal shedding. This happens twice a year and usually lasts 2-3 months. You can speed up this process if you regularly comb the animal and give special vitamins for cats from hair loss.
2. Often pet owners complain to the veterinarian that the cat itches, is in a depressed mood, and the wool falls out into scraps. The reason for this can be both parasitic diseases and the banal lack of vitamins and trace elements in the pet’s body. Examining the animal and learning about the features of its diet, the doctor will advise what vitamins to give the cat. With the loss of wool, there are special tablets with a pleasant taste for the pet.
What does a cat need for a healthy coat?
- Vitamins of group B must be given to pets for problems with coat. From their lack of develop weakness or nervousness of the animal, various dermatitis, tarnish and hair falls out. Especially important vitamins B2 and B5.
- Biotin is very important for maintaining the health of the skin and coat of cats. It regulates metabolic processes, helps in tissue regeneration, and makes the coat healthy and shiny.
Vitamins for cats from hair loss
Reviews of the owners indicate that such drugs must be selected individually, depending on the health of the pet, its habits and the causes of baldness. The veterinary industry is now doing a lot of vitamin complexes designed to combat this problem. They are available in the form of tablets and drops. Many cat owners do not speak well of the tablet form of vitamins. Not every animal is able to swallow a pill, even if it is made in the form of a treat with a pleasant taste and an attractive smell. Therefore, the most popular vitamins for cats from hair loss in the drops. It is convenient to add them to food, and the owner of the animal will be sure that his pet has received all the necessary elements.
What drugs can be given to the cat?
The vet himself appoints the cat vitamins, depending on the cause of hair loss. These are mainly tablets containing brewer’s yeast, iodine, zinc, sulfur, kelp extract, biotin, and B vitamins.
In order for a pet not to lack micronutrients, it is necessary to add brewer’s yeast, sea kale, liver and egg yolk to the diet before the molt and during it.