Bladder pain is a symptom that accompanies diseases of various etiologies. Most often, of course, it is a manifestation of this particular organ disease, however, pain can also radiate to this area in case of diseases of the prostate gland, kidney, urethra and ureter, organs of the reproductive system, and coccyx. That is why careful research is needed to find the cause of the pain. If it does not lie in the state of the bladder itself, a comprehensive examination will be required.
If you suffer from chronic diseases in this area, the fact that the bladder hurts may indicate a significant degree of organ damage. The nature of the pain may be permanent or associated with the act of urination. The pain is felt inside the small pelvis in the pubic area. When urinating, painful sensations may increase due to the stretching of the walls of the bladder and usually peak at the end of the act. If this is true, it is possible to diagnose acute inflammation of the bladder. If the pain is associated with the movement of a person and subsides when the patient is relaxed, it is possible to suspect the presence of stones in the bladder, which, by changing their position during physical activity, injure the already inflamed mucous walls of the organ.
Diseases causing bladder pain:
- Pathology of the bladder.
- Pathology of the ureter and urethra.
- Kidney disease.
- Inflammation of the prostate.
- The inflammatory process in the urethra.
- Inflammation of the pelvic organs in women. If a woman often has a bladder sore, in addition to diseases of the excretory system, inflammatory process of the reproductive organs can be assumed. Therefore, when referring to a urologist, a woman must receive a referral for consultation in the gynecological office to exclude a possible diagnosis.
- Inflammation of the coccyx.
The clinical picture for pain in the bladder
– Pain, not associated with urination and arising from an increase in physical activity or, for example, shaking in transport, indicates the development of urolithiasis. Moving in the cavity of the bladder, the stones traumatize its walls, causing pain. In men, especially at an early age, pain in this disease gives to the head of the penis. That is why it is necessary to eliminate the formation of stones in the bladder, if the child complains of this kind of pain without visible changes in the state of the head itself (phimosis, balanoposthitis, etc.). In this case, you must have a mandatory study in the hospital. The presence of calculus in the bladder is usually marked by the appearance in the urine of leukocytes and red blood cells. Emergency force pain in the bladder and acute urinary retention can develop with prostate adenoma complicated by urolithiasis. This is most often associated with overlapping calculus of the lumen of the urethra. The nature of the pain is so strong that the patient agrees to any outcome, even to surgery, just to get rid of the source of the pain. The size of the bladder under pressure of the contents increases, the patient notes in his strong and ineffectual urge to urinate. Also, the bladder hurts quite often in people suffering from intensively increasing malignant tumors.
– Pain in the bladder during urination may be the result of cystitis of various origins. If a patient has diffuse inflammation of the bladder mucosa, the discomfort increases with the size of the bladder under the pressure of urine accumulating in it. She is in the most acute phase by the end of urination and immediately after it ends, later subsides before the next filling of the bladder. In the case of the development of complex forms of cystitis, the pain follows the patient almost continuously. The short pain that occurs at the end of urination usually indicates a disease of cervical cystitis. When urinating and for some time after it, the sphincter of the bladder is strongly reduced and irritates the inflamed mucosa. The main symptoms of cystitis are increased urination, pain in it, purulent contents in the urine.
– Pain in the bladder, which occurs when urinating, can be a symptom of cystalgia. Other symptoms are also similar to the effects of cystitis, but the subjective symptoms of the latter reproduce to a large extent the subjective symptoms of cystitis, but in this case there is no or a very slight inflammation of the bladder mucosa. There are also no signs of pyuria. However, the painful sensations can nevertheless be very serious. Cystalgia is diagnosed according to complaints of symptoms similar to cystitis, and in the absence of the above changes, usually detected during cystoscopy.
In women, bladder pain is often caused by problems in the genital area. In particular, these are such inflammatory processes as perimetrit, adnexitis, parametritis. Penetrating into the bladder through the reproductive system, the infection serves as a source of inflammatory changes in the tissues and mucous membranes of this organ.
– In addition to acute cystitis, severe pain can be caused by urolithiasis. For such pain is characterized by increased by the end of the act of urination. In this case, stones in the bladder can form even in childhood. Boys may complain of pain in the glans penis, which decreases slightly with compression, and difficulty urinating. These are characteristic signs that concrements are formed in the bladder. Passing through the urethra, these formations and salts irritate and injure the mucous membrane, which causes pain syndrome.
– The bladder also hurts in patients with oncological diseases of this organ. A growing tumor of the bladder can cause very painful sensations, and the disintegration of malignant cells, accompanied by secondary cystitis, makes the patient’s life into flour.
– The most common, according to statistics, the cause of pain in the bladder is a prostate adenoma (sometimes – urethral stricture). Urination is difficult, despite the presence of very strong urges, the pain is very acute. This condition is called acute urinary retention. The bladder, torn apart from the inside, responds to any touch; palpation causes severe pain. It comes to the fact that the body is clearly visible above the fold when visually inspected.
A serious problem in the development of painful sensations in the bladder is their enhancement following the natural filling of the organ with urine. With the act of urination and immediately after it, the pain may still intensify, but after it subsides. As soon as the contents of the bladder begin to press against the walls again, the discomfort returns. If at the same time urination is also speeded up, then the situation becomes unbearable. In the urine, the analysis reveals leukocyturia. This is a typical picture of both the inflammatory processes of the bladder and cystitis (cervical or diffuse).
– If the bladder hurts along with lower abdominal pain due to traumatic shock, it is possible to assume a rupture of the bladder. Another symptom of this condition is the constant urge to urinate, in which drops of blood are released from the urethra instead of urine drops. If after some time the characteristic symptoms of peritonitis appear, it means that a rupture of the bladder inside the peritoneum has occurred.
– The inflammatory process of the para-bladder tissue may also cause bladder pain in the form of dull pain. The clinical picture is complemented by a swelling over the pubis, palpable. Do not confuse it with a body stretched under the action of the contents. For the differentiation of this phenomenon using an ordinary catheter.
If your bladder hurts, you should contact the following specialists: