Chicken eggs – one of the easiest, affordable and popular products on our tables. But not everyone knows that this product is unique in its composition, has a huge number of useful properties and is able to prevent many diseases. Therefore, chicken eggs – a desirable product in the diet of people leading a healthy lifestyle.
Description of chicken eggs: Chickens (suppliers of eggs) are bred in almost all corners of our planet. People have been eating eggs for more than two thousand years. Chicken eggs are oblong in shape and consist of protein, yolk and shell. Depending on the breed, weight, age, diet of hens, eggs can be of different sizes and colors. Egg color does not affect its nutritional and beneficial properties. In eggs, both protein and yolk are beneficial. The shell of chicken eggs also has useful properties and is very widely used in recipes of traditional medicine. In cooking, eggs are prepared as separate dishes, and are used as an ingredient for preparing a variety of different dishes (salads, soups, baking, etc.).
Composition of chicken eggs: The composition of chicken eggs includes 12 essential vitamins: A, D, E, H, K, groups B (B1, B2, B3, B4, B9) and others. On the content of vitamin D, the yolk of the egg is inferior only to fish fat. Chicken eggs contain macro and trace elements such as calcium, phosphorus, iodine, iron, copper, cobalt, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, boron, manganese and other minerals. Eggs are rich in essential human body amino acids.
Calorie chicken eggs: Calorie chicken eggs is about 150 kcal per 100 grams of product.
Useful properties of chicken eggs:
- Eggs provide the body with essential vitamins and minerals, help strengthen the immune system.
- Eating chicken eggs helps prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Chicken eggs reduce the risk of cancer, in particular breast cancer.
- A positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, help to cope with peptic ulcer.
- Chicken eggs have a positive effect on vision, protect against cataracts.
- They help to strengthen bone tissue, as vitamin D contained in eggs helps in the absorption of calcium, which in turn is very necessary for the body to form a strong skeleton.
- Eggs are also good for muscles because they contain protein, which is involved in building muscle tissue and is more effective than dairy and beef protein.
- Chicken eggs have a positive effect on the work of the brain, improve memory and mental abilities.
- Contribute to improving mood and a positive effect on the nervous system.
- Eggs are useful for pregnant and lactating women, as well as for women who are only planning a pregnancy, because they contain folic acid (vitamin B9), which plays an important role in cell production, helps the proper development of the child and protects the health of the woman.
- In addition, eggs help to improve the quality of sperm, so when planning pregnancy they should be included in the diet, not only women but also men.
- According to scientific research, chicken eggs are a necessary product for people struggling with obesity. Experts recommend that overweight people use boiled chicken eggs for breakfast.
- Eggs – a necessary product in the diet of athletes and people engaged in heavy physical labor.
- Chicken eggs have a positive effect on the condition of teeth, nails and hair.
Dangerous properties of chicken eggs:
- Chicken eggs can cause salmonellosis. Therefore, it is recommended to use them only after heat treatment. In addition, before cooking chicken eggs must be washed with warm water.
- Some scientists, based on various studies, say that chicken eggs help to increase the "bad" cholesterol. Others, on the contrary, deny this statement. And what about us – a simple man in the street? Science cannot give an exact and unambiguous answer. Therefore, eating eggs, you must remember that everything is good in moderation, and do not abuse this wonderful product. And also regularly eat dates, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, plums, oranges, white cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach and other foods rich in antioxidants and able to normalize blood cholesterol.
- Excessive consumption of eggs can damage the health of the kidneys.
Contraindications chicken eggs: Unfortunately, chicken eggs can cause allergies in some people. In addition, it is necessary to consult with your doctor about the number of eggs in the diet for diabetes, cholecystitis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
You can read about the useful properties of other products in the “Useful Products” section. Remember that a healthy lifestyle is not only a healthy diet, but also hygiene, avoiding bad habits, exercise and other components.
And a little more about the benefits of chicken eggs: