There are universal means that can be used for medical purposes, in cosmetology, in the household – baking soda and hydrogen peroxide are available to everyone. The effectiveness of their use in these areas has been tested by time and many, without giving in to the advertising of modern cleaning products, continue to use safe “grandmother’s” products. There are simple and effective ways to clean cookware using soda (sodium bicarbonate) and hydrogen peroxide.
Action of soda and hydrogen peroxide
The composition of the soda molecule (NaHCO3) includes sodium, hydrogen, carbon, oxygen, and its properties are based on the combined action of all components.
- dissolves quickly in water and turns into an alkaline solution;
- reduces (neutralizes) the content of acids;
- has antibacterial properties.
Hydrogen peroxide molecule (hydrogen peroxide – H₂O₂) consists of oxygen and hydrogen. At home, use an aqueous solution of a substance with properties:
- mixes well with water, alcohol;
- disinfects the treated surface;
- interacts with oxidizing agents, reducing agents, alkalis;
On a note!
If you wash dishes using these tools, be sure to wear gloves.
Benefits of using soda and hydrogen peroxide
The use of these simple and accessible substances has several advantages over chemical agents that are not always completely safe:
- can be used by people prone to allergic reactions;
- funds are completely safe for humans, the environment;
- convenient to use for cleaning all types of dishes, cutlery;
- kill most bacteria;
- destroy unpleasant odors;
- dissolve fats, various contaminants;
- easy to wash off;
- suitable for mixing with other ingredients (salt, sugar, lemon, toothpaste, soap).
Kitchenware cleaning – application options
Sodium bicarbonate and peroxide can be used separately, but the combined use gives the best result, since both substances dissolve fats and contaminants well. Therefore, they are excellent replace chemical cleaners.
Cooking the mixture should be done directly when we clean the dishes – when the composition is stored, the properties of the peroxide are lost because it decomposes quickly.
Nagar on the pan
Nagar on the surface of the pan, inside and out, can occur for many reasons: when using gas, burnt drops from splashing food, fat. Remove contamination mixture made from soda and peroxide:
- mix components to a mushy state;
- spread over the surface;
- hold for at least 15 minutes, rinse with a sponge, rinse.
The method is suitable for cleaning the cabinet, the surface of the stove, any dishes.
It is always difficult to wash off the greasy deposit on the pan, especially after long use – it seems that the fat remains on the surface. When using hydrogen peroxide with soda, this feeling does not occur.
- fill the pan with water, put on fire;
- stir 1 tbsp. l soda powder;
- heat to boil;
- pour a little peroxide (the number of drops depends on the volume – 3-5 drops);
- turn off the heat, leave the pan to cool;
- rinse off using a sponge.
Raid on baking sheet
Baking tray longer than other dishes, is exposed to high temperatures, so clean the pollution is difficult even after a single use. In this case, home remedies will also help:
- prepare a mixture of soda (100 g), peroxide (4 tbsp. l.), detergent for dishes (1 tsp.);
- spread over the surface, hold for a third of an hour;
- sponge, rinse.
Pan and dishes with enamelled surface
Enameled surfaces have some peculiarities in the care – they should not be filled with cold liquid in the heated state, because the temperature difference causes the enamel to crack. Therefore, in the proposed embodiment, you should use only warm or hot water:
- pour water so that it covers all burnt areas;
- stir soda, peroxide, chopped soap (it can be diluted in advance);
- allow to cool, wash off dirt with a sponge;
On a note!
Using a mixture made of NaHCO3, peroxide and soap, you can clean the surfaces for which you can not use abrasives.
Stainless Steel Cookware and Pans
The surface of the stainless steel pan can be cleaned with one soda, but the mixture with peroxide gives a faster effect:
- mix components in equal parts;
- clean the dirt with a sponge, rinse.
Raid on cutlery
Over time, silver, bronze, nickel silver, and steel devices appear plaque due to surface oxidation. The following method will help to cope with the problem:
- cover the bottom of the pan with foil;
- pour 2-3 tbsp. l soda powder and put appliances;
- pour water and heat to boil;
With a small amount of dirt on the surface of the device you can cope with the help of hydrogen peroxide – wipe this area with a cotton pad dipped in the product.
The surface of the wooden or plastic cutting board easily absorbs odors. Any smell removes gruel from soda, salt and water – you need to clean the surface and then wash it off.
Summing up, let’s say that instead of chemical preparations for cleaning dishes you can successfully use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide – affordable and simple means. In addition, they are completely safe for humans and they are allowed to wash the children’s dishes.