Very often this dish is chosen by novice hostesses, it is easy to prepare and difficult to spoil, and the taste will please even when it cools. The chicken baked in foil in the oven, cooked according to our step-by-step recipe with a photo, will be a hit on your table, and the divine flavor will gather the whole family. This simple cooking method is suitable for a festive, and for a quiet family dinner.
To significantly save time preparing the ingredients, we suggest baking the chicken in the oven entirely in foil. Baked chicken in such a way turns out to be very juicy and fragrant, moreover, if you remove mayonnaise from the recipe, it can be considered dietary, because we will cook the chicken without a drop of butter.
Due to the fact that the chicken is baked in the oven under the foil, it will never turn out dry. Due to the fact that it is prepared in its own juice, it is not necessary to use vegetable oil, and the natural seasonings used in the recipe will make the dish more fragrant.
Calorie chicken baked in foil
Calorie and nutritional value of chicken baked in foil are calculated on 100 grams of the finished dish. The data in the table are indicative.
How to cook chicken in foil in the oven
Let’s take a closer look at how to cook chicken in foil in the oven. To make a tasty dish you must use chilled chicken, not frozen. It is also necessary to remember that there is a foil for baking and for storing products. It is very important not to confuse and mistakenly place the chicken wrapped in an unsuitable foil in the oven roaster.
- Chilled chicken – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1 head
- Pepper Mix
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp. l
To begin, take the carcass of chilled chicken, rinse well, pull out any feathers, cut off excess skin from the neck, if any. Well grease with salt and set aside.
Now prepare the marinade. To do this, peel the garlic, finely chop or squeeze. Mix it with mayonnaise, add a mixture of peppers. All mix well. You can add different seasonings to taste or substitute mayonnaise for sour cream.
Well we will dress the whole chicken with sauce, do not forget to coat inside the carcass. In the marinade, leave the chicken for three hours, you can overnight in the refrigerator.
How much time to bake the chicken in foil in the oven
After the chicken is completely soaked in the marinade, we wrap it in foil. But which side of the foil to bake chicken in the oven? Here it is important to remember that the glossy shiny side reflects heat better than matte. Therefore, we advise you to wrap the chicken wings and legs with the shiny side out so that they do not burn, and the rest of the chicken carcass with the matte side of the foil out.
Put the pan in the preheated oven. By the time the chicken is baked in foil should be about one hour. Baking time depends on the size of the chicken itself and the temperature at which you cook.
To check the readiness of the chicken, you can gently push the foil back, poke it with a fork, if juice will come out, the chicken has not yet been cooked. Ten minutes before readiness, it is necessary to open the foil so that the crust will redden.
Chicken cooked in foil can be served with any vegetables and side dish, or without it. Enjoy your meal!
Chicken with apples in foil in the oven
Chicken with apples baked in foil in the oven has a very original taste. To prepare such a chicken will require a minimum of time and food.
– Chicken – 1 pc. – Garlic – 3 cloves – Apple – 5 pcs. – Salt pepper
1. Wash the whole chicken and dry with paper towels.
2. Place the carcass in a deep plate, spread it with a mixture consisting of pepper, salt and garlic squeezed through the garlic press. Wrap with cling film and place in a cold place for a couple of hours.
3. Rinse the apples well, you can not peel the peel. Cut in half, remove the cores with pits and coarsely chop.
4. Fill the chicken with apples, place on a baking sheet covered with foil, put the remaining pieces of apples on each side and wrap the dish in full with foil.
5. Warm up the oven to 180 degrees and place the chicken with apples completely wrapped in foil. Bake for an hour, then unfold the foil and hold the chicken in the broiler for another 10 minutes.
Baked chicken with oranges in foil
Cooking baked chicken with oranges in foil is not so difficult as it may seem at first glance. The main stages of cooking are similar.
– Chicken – 1 pc. – Oranges – 3 pcs. – Honey – 1 tbsp. l – Mustard – 1 tbsp. l – Ground black pepper – Salt
1. Wash two oranges, cut in half and squeeze the juice into a deep plate. Separate the mustard mixed with honey and rub the chicken with this mixture.
2. Pour over the squeezed orange juice from above and leave the bird to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours.
3. Rub the chicken with pepper, put the two halves of the squeezed orange into the chicken itself, put the carcass on the foil and wrap it completely.
4. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 1 hour at a temperature of 160 – 180 degrees. Then gently remove the foil from above and hold it on for another 10 minutes.
5. Cut the remaining orange into slices and place on a plate, lay the chicken cooked in foil on top.