The capelin is very tasty, especially in a fried look. But the one who has cooked it at least once knows that even the most powerful hoods will not save from a strong and persistent peculiar smell. I found a way out once on the Internet – cooked capelin in the oven. Recipes from the photo, which will give below, I picked up gradually, checked each – they are all good. But so far a little about the merits of this fish.
Briefly about capelin
Capelin – simple, affordable and perhaps the cheapest sea fish.
In this unique nutrients, vitamins in her meat no less than in the more expensive seafood.
It is also a valuable source of fat, natural protein.
Due to its low calorie content (100 g of raw product contains 116 kcal), meals from it are considered dietary.
The capelin roe, which is most often served as a snack, is also appreciated.
When choosing a fish, it is necessary to give preference to fresh, elastic carcasses without obvious damage. By the way, it is also important to consider if you want to salt the capelin.
Often capelin is sold in frozen form, before cooking it should be thawed, washed, dried on kitchen paper towels.
Oven Cooking Recipes
Frankly speaking, having tried to cook capelin in the oven, I did not return to classical roasting. Regardless of the recipe, such preparation is much simpler, faster, the main thing is that there is no obsessive smell, and there is more benefit when baking. To taste – no worse!
Capelin in the oven: a recipe without oil
This is the fastest and easiest way to cook capelin. The most difficult thing is preparing the fish. Therefore, when buying it is better to choose large capelin. Because you just need to defrost slightly, rinsed with hot water. In this form, everything is perfectly cleaned – the insides do not spread, but are removed as a single frozen piece.
Since we will bake completely without oil, the dish can be safely attributed to the diet, as well as those that comply with the principles of PP (proper nutrition).
- Cuisine: Russian
- Dish Type: Main Dish
- Preparation: in the oven
- Servings: 2
- 30 min
- frozen capelin – 400 g
- salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook:
Defrost slightly, separate the heads of the fish, cut the abdomen and remove the insides. Especially pay attention to the inside of the abdomen. Rinse each fish under running water, peeling the black film inside. It is she who gives a bitter taste. This taste has remained in my memory since my student years. In the dining room of our institute, capelin was a daily dish. Salt the fish and season with ground pepper.
Cover the baking sheet with oiled baking paper. Ordinary baking paper or silicone mat will do. Place the carcass on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Bake capelin in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
You can bring capelin baked in the oven to the table with any vegetable garnish, today I have mashed potatoes with carrots
Baked capelin with potatoes
For a hearty family dinner, a classic combination of fish and potatoes is suitable.
The composition of the dish is simple, and the result is incredible!
List of components:
- capelin – 500 g
- potatoes – 400 g
- vegetable oil
- lemon -1 pc.
- fresh greens;
- ground black pepper, fish seasoning
- salt – to taste
- garlic – 2-3 slices.
- Gently clean the fish from the viscera, rinse with water. Transfer to a clean container, sprinkle with freshly squeezed lemon juice, add salt, spices (to taste), chopped garlic, chop a little greens. All gently mix.
- Peel potatoes, cut large. Grease the baking pan slightly with sunflower oil, then move the potatoes into it, sprinkle with a little oil. Cover with foil, cover, cook for 20 minutes in an oven at 180 degrees.
- Take out the form with the potatoes, mix, top with a sprig of greens, pickled capelin. You can repeat the layers again, put in the oven again for another 25 minutes. Cook by removing the lid until a golden crust appears.
- Serve a la carte. With chilled beer, white wine goes perfectly!
The recipe of cooking in sour cream with onions
Fish baked in sour cream will be a great addition to the garnish in the form of stewed or fresh vegetables.
You will need the following ingredients:
- capelin – 1 kg
- ground pepper, salt – to taste
- sour cream (fat content of 20%) – 6 tbsp. l
- onion – 4 pcs.
How to do:
- Fish clean. Rinse well with cold water.
- Onion peel, cut into half rings. Culinary brush to grease the baking mold with any vegetable oil.
- Lay the fish in the bottom layer, season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with onion and smear with sour cream.
- Cook with the lid closed in the oven, set the temperature to 170 degrees for 50 minutes. At the end of cooking, you can remove the lid, turn on the "Grill" mode to get a beautiful brown crust. You can also add different spices and herbs to the dish, serve with boiled rice, potatoes in a country style.
Capelin roasted in the oven with vegetables
The following is a recipe for a fairly simple tasty dish, cooked easily and quickly.
It is necessary to prepare such products:
- carrots – 1 pc .;
- capelin – 500 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil;
- tomato paste – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- sour cream – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- ground black pepper, salt.
Stages of cooking:
- Peel vegetables, chop, and fry a little in a pan with sunflower oil. Add tomato paste, simmer 5 minutes all together. Move to baking pan.
- In the fish, clean the abdomen, cut off the head, tails. Wash well, dry. Put on top of vegetables in the form, pepper, salt.
- Cover the top with sour cream, place in the oven for half an hour, the recommended temperature is 180 degrees. Serve on a large plate with potatoes, greens, fresh vegetables.
How to bake fish in omelet
In the morning you need to eat light hearty meals that can provide the necessary energy for the day.
One of these options may be capelin in an omelet, baked in the oven.
- capelin – 500 g;
- onions – 3 pcs .;
- salt, pepper, ground;
- sunflower oil;
- milk –