Recipe from: Dmitry
Login or register to bookmark.
Kichari – perfectly balanced dish from the point of view of modern dietetics and ayurveda. It contains the optimal for humans composition of proteins, fats and carbohydrates (approximately 15-15-70), fiber, many useful trace elements (in
Kicharis can be eaten at any meal, without time limits, mung and rice are easily absorbed by the body, and copious amounts of spices help digestion. For observers of a monodiet (
Products for kichari:
- The foundation – mash (mung dal), basmati rice – the volume is individual, as well as for everything else. This is determined empirically by how much you eat per day. For example, I have 150 ml of rice + 150 ml of mung enough for all 4 meals. Someone will need 100, and someone 200, all individually.
- Melted butter (ghee) – a few tablespoons. The oil can be stored in the refrigerator – solid ghee does not stick to the spoon, on the other hand, the warm will heat up faster. To whom it is convenient.
- Drinking water. The more water, the more liquid the kichari will turn out, up to the soup-mashed potatoes, if you cook for half an hour. Approximately a liter of 150 rice / 150 Masha.
- Whole Spices: mustard seeds, coriander seeds, jeera seeds (cumin), fennel or fennel seeds. In the absence of solid can be replaced with ground. Standard – half a teaspoonful for 4 servings, then look to taste. Strongly burns – turn it down, it does not feel – add. Experiments are welcome.
- Ground spices: turmeric (1/2 tsp.), asafoetida (a couple of pinches).
- Fresh Ginger – 1-2 tbsp. spoons. It is suitable and dry in powder (it is less), but better fresh, cut into small pieces of 1-2 mm.
- Salt to taste (usually 1/4 – 1/2 tsp.)
Utensils for the preparation and storage of kichari:
- Pan – it is better to choose a larger pot, so the kichari cooks faster and more evenly, less sticks.
- Spatula for stirring, saucer for spatula, tablespoon for ghee, doshochka, knife, sieve.
- Breakfast utensils.
- Medium measuring cup for cereals.
- Large heat-resistant container with strips of volume for boiling water, per liter and a half.
- Soaking container masha.
- Three small spice jars / containers with a wide neck.
- Several portions of containers, depending on the number of meals (I have 3 – lunch, snack, dinner). I do not advise to use hermetic ones with a rubber band – the oil likes to seep into the gap with the rubber band when opening and quickly spoil it. Wash such a container at times more difficult than ordinary twisted. I also advise you to take containers with colored lids or sign them with a marker so that it is clear where lunch is and where dinner is. You remember that for dinner you should eat less than for lunch, right?
- * Thermos, if you can not warm at work.
- Good mood is a must.
In the evening – preparation of ingredients
In the morning, not to remember how much you need and not to shower it with sleeping hands, we do the maximum in advance without haste.
- Measure out how much rice and mung you need the next day. Consider tomorrow’s routine, maybe you will have a business dinner or you donate blood on an empty stomach, skipping breakfast, then you need to take the least.
- Go through the mung bean (separate pebbles, debris, dried).
- Fill the machine with a sufficient amount of cold drinking water in a separate container and cover with a lid (about