Useful properties and nutritional value of beans are due to the unique composition of this legume. The beans contain the necessary vitamins A, E, B1, B2, B6, K, PP. Vitamin C beans are more abundant than apricots, peaches, or plums. They also contain essential amino acids, trace elements and macronutrients important for the human body, pectin, fats, fiber and carbohydrates. About a quarter of all substances in the composition of the beans is easily digestible protein. For nutritional value, bean grains compete with meat and fish. Bean fruits as an easily digestible and low-calorie product (100 grams contain only 298 kcal) are included in the diet of patients with a number of diseases, including diabetes.
Composition and useful properties
In the diet of a healthy person and in the diet of people with various diseases, the beans occupy a special place. Beans are healthy and nourishing food, which prevents the development of various ailments associated with the use of products from supermarkets.
- The composition of beans is similar to the composition of insulin, so the product must be actively included in the menu of a patient with diabetes. Arginine, which is part of the seeds, helps to reduce and maintain the required level of glucose in the blood. The legume ration allows to stabilize and maintain the general condition of patients with diabetes.
- Beans are recommended for atherosclerosis and hypertension. Iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium improve the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, help strengthen weakened blood vessels and prevent the formation of blood clots. The bean diet suppresses pathological processes in the human cardiovascular system, which can aggravate the condition of diabetes patients of the first and second types.
- The bean product is useful for people with a weakened immune system and patients who have suffered serious illnesses. Due to the high iron content, the beans produce a sufficient number of red blood cells, which provide a stable supply of oxygen to the cells.
- A high concentration of micro and macro elements makes food made from beans useful for patients with rheumatism, tuberculosis, and bronchial diseases. Legumes are rich in sulfur. This trace element is an effective fighter against intestinal infections and skin diseases.
- Beans have a diuretic effect, therefore, recommended for patients with diseases of the urogenital system. Doctors and nutritionists have confirmed the beneficial effect of legumes on salt metabolism in the body. The unique properties of this product contribute to the dissolution and removal of kidney stones.
- Antimicrobial properties of legumes enhance the effect of conservative therapy in the treatment of inflammatory processes in the liver. Regular intake of beans (1-2 times a week) stimulates the production of gastric juice, which contributes to the dissolution of gallstones and their natural removal.
- Beans are recommended for patients with disorders of the nervous system. Bean product as an effective sedative is useful to eat for the prevention of disease. Haricot has a calming effect on people with problems in the nervous system, mood improves in patients, anxiety disappears.
So different and always useful beans.
More than 250 varieties of leguminous plants are known, 20 of them can be eaten:
- red (Kidney);
- white (Nevi);
- green beans (asparagus);
- green (Flageole);
- Hyacinth (Dolichos);
- white (chali);
- variegated pinto varieties;
- "black eye";
- white-red (Anasazi);
- Lima beans and others.
Varieties differ from each other in color, shape and taste. They are quite different from each other, both in appearance and taste. However, beans of any kind of this plant are good for health, as the sash beans are rich in phaseolin, lecithin, cholesterol and amino acids.
Meals from beans are loved not only by vegetarians, a nourishing product, which is called “vegetable meat,” even an adult man can get enough. Beans – an important component in the diet of athletes, protein-rich beans is an energy source and building material for muscles. String beans in diabetes during pregnancy, compensate for the deficiency of iron, calcium and magnesium in, and in the period of menopause, the beans provide vitamin support to the female body.
Beans – an indispensable product in the diet of patients with type 2 diabetes
Any varieties of beans and plant leaflets are an approved product for patients with type 2 diabetes. Therapeutic treatment of diabetes in combination with a healthy bean diet allows you to maintain the pancreas and speed up the excretion of toxins and toxins from the body. The beans in the diet of a diabetic can significantly expand and diversify the menu without harm to health.
White beans – skin regenerator
For a patient with diabetes mellitus type 2, white beans are a natural source of vitamins and minerals and an insulin replacement agent for lowering blood glucose levels. The antibacterial, antiviral and regenerative properties of white beans are due to the chemical composition of this variety.
You can make diabetic soup from white beans:
1. In a small amount of vegetable oil to extinguish chopped onion and garlic until transparent; 2. Add beans (300 g, pre-soaked and thoroughly washed) and cauliflower; 3. Boil the ingredients for 5 minutes, cool and grind in a blender; 4. Salt a homogeneous mass, add chopped egg and greens to the dish.
Soup puree, according to diabetics, is convenient for fractional nutrition and maintains a feeling of satiety in between meals.
Red beans – a strong antioxidant
The rich component composition of red beans is also useful for the diabetic as an effective blood sugar stabilizer. Red beans differ from other varieties by their powerful antioxidant effect, which prevents the development of the herpes virus, infectious agents in the gastrointestinal tract and oncological formations. Vitamin complex of red beans has a sedative effect, which makes the dish useful for patients with an unstable nervous system.
The first dish of red bean grains is a recipe for a delicious and satisfying soup for a patient with type 2 diabetes:
1. 300 g of beans (soaked for a day and washed) cook for half an hour; 2. Boil white chicken meat (400 g), 4 potatoes, one carrot and broccoli (400g) in another dish. Finished products cut into cubes; 3. Mix boiled ready beans with chopped vegetables, add green onions and dill. If the ingredients are cooked in salted water, the dish can not be salted.
Black Beans – Healthy Heart and Gastrointestinal Oncology Prevention
These beans are characterized by pronounced hypoglycemic, antioxidant, antibacterial and diuretic properties. Black beans serve to lower cholesterol, minimizes the risk of cardiovascular diseases and prevents oncology in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
String beans – cleaner body
String (asparagus) beans are grown specifically for tender pods. For patients with diabetes mellitus type 2, string beans, which is called sugar, is an approved “sugar product”. Vitamin composition of green beans helps cleanse the body as a whole, and especially the work of the liver and kidneys. Broths from green bean pods degrade decay products and toxins, resulting in reduced slagging of the body.
Green pod bean salad allows to diversify the diabetic menu. Preparing a tasty and nutritious dish does not take much time:
1. Boil in salted water 500 g of green beans, ready to drain the water and cool it; 2. Chop the cooked carrots and yellow Bulgarian pepper into strips. Mix sliced vegetables with beans and salt; 3. Season the salad with olive oil (2 tbsp. L.), Decorate with greens and serve.
The excellent properties of beans were known to Queen Cleopatra. Cleopatra’s famous bean mask was prepared from boiled and rubbed through a sieve of red beans, sea buckthorn oil and lemon juice. The beauty of Cleopatra known to the whole world is proof of the rejuvenating properties of beans. In ancient Greece, bean broth was considered the food of plebeians, and the patricians used powdered white beans as powder and whitewash. Natural powder not only hid cosmetic defects, but also softened the skin and smoothed fine wrinkles.
The mask from Cleopatra is very useful for women who are over 40, it is not difficult to cook it at home: boiled beans (100 g) is rubbed through a sieve, 1 tsp should be added to the resulting gruel. any vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Healthy food with the active use of beans and cosmetic procedures make the skin smooth and velvety. Beans are an effective fighter against tartar. Magnesium and calcium in the composition of leguminous seeds strengthens bone tissue, which ensures the health of the oral cavity and aesthetics of the teeth. Regularly using beans your teeth will be strong and beautiful.
What else do you need to know about beans?
- beans can not be eaten raw. Only during heat treatment are toxic substances that can cause serious poisoning neutralized.
- this legume should be excluded from the diet of patients with increased gastric acidity, suffering from an ulcer, gastritis, cholecystitis and colitis.
- beans can cause flatulence, so bean dishes are not recommended for older people.
- It is also strongly not recommended for people of advanced age and those who suffer from high acidity of the stomach, gastritis, ulcers, gout, cholecystitis and colitis to be eaten.
If you follow several rules when cooking beans, then you can minimize the side effects of this wonderful product:
- Beans should be soaked in cold water for a day. In the water, you can add a spoonful of tea soda.
- Soaked beans before cooking should be thoroughly washed.
- Experienced housewives after boiling necessarily drain the first water and continue to cook in clean water.
- Dill in bean dishes can reduce gas formation in the stomach.
- Beans salt before readiness.