Many young mothers care about why the baby cries while feeding. Often the problem is relevant both in cases where the baby is an artisan, and for babies who are breastfed.
Mom thinks the baby is hungry. He is immediately offered a chest or a mixture, in response to which the crumb screams and arches. At such moments, there is no limit to the surprise and confusion of parents. The main thing is not to panic and try to understand why the baby does not eat.
A hungry child is offered a breast or bottle with a mixture, but he still screams.
A baby cries while feeding with a mixture or breast milk in several cases:
- The baby does not experience saturation when eating.
- He has a feeling of discomfort or pain.
What and why in more detail
Sometimes the baby eats breast milk without much pleasure or even screams, cries during and after feeding.
A common problem with the principle of feeding on demand is that the mother tries to give him a breast for every squeak of the baby. But screaming – does not always mean hungry! This needs to be understood. Indiscriminate feeding with breast milk or formula can give the crumbs certain problems.
If it seems to you that the baby is hungry, but he screams when you offer him a breast, this may indicate that it hurts him.
- With fences, colic pain increases when the baby sucks the breast.
- Thrush in the mouth, stomatitis. In this case, the baby is quite restless.
- There is a situation when a cub does not effectively suck the breast. However, he is hungry, making efforts to eat, but the saturation is not felt. That is why the child screams.
- A common cause is a short bridle in infants. The doctor may notice this during the examination.
- Empty breast or insufficient milk.
- The baby sucks the wrong breast.
- Milk does not suit the child in taste.
- The proposed mixture does not fit the crumbs to taste.
One more problem
Often the kids cry after feeding, this has its own reasons.
The most common of these is that the crumb is not full, as well as colic.
- Parents should know – if the baby eats the mixture, he eats the portion of him too quickly and does not have time to experience saturation. The feeling of satiety comes a little later. Meanwhile, parents can distract the baby.
- Lack of breast milk from mom. As a result, the baby cries after feeding.
- You can not feed a screaming child, so he picked up the air, which will cause pain in his tummy after feeding.
- Over-feeding with milk after feeding also leads to excessive gas formation.
Mom and Dad calm.
Do not rush to run for the mixture or offer the breast whenever the baby shouts, try to calmly assess the condition of the crumbs.
- You should not force feed a baby who has problems with the tummy. First you need to take all the necessary measures to rid the baby of the problem (put an enema, help move the gaziki with the help of the venting tube or hold the child with a column). Only after the child burps, pokes, calms down, you can feed it with milk or a mixture.
- The lack of breast milk is more likely to be eliminated by frequent attachment of the baby to the breast. Do not immediately run to the pharmacy for the mixture. Mom should normalize their diet and sleep patterns.
- A nursing mom should follow a diet, watch what she eats. No need to eat garlic, spicy, salted, smoked and fried foods.
- After feeding the child, it is necessary to hold it for a while, until the air trapped in the stomach comes out with the food.
To avoid such troubles, such as crying and even the cry of a child during feeding, it is necessary to be wise about the issue of nutrition of the infant.
- You can not feed the baby against his will.
- Between the attachments of the baby to the breast should be an interval of at least one and a half hours.
- Follow the instructions for use of the particular formula.
- Do not feed the baby with breast milk, if 15 minutes have passed since the last application. The milk has managed to curl up, and the supplementation will lead to colic.
- Check whether the baby takes the breast correctly (the baby must grab the nipple along with the areola).
- Is there enough milk for mom? During feeding, the mother normally experiences a rush of milk. In some cases there are no such sensations, but the baby calmly eats the breast, therefore, he is satisfied with everything.
- Observe colic prevention. After eating, keep the baby with a column. When the baby eats, keep it standing on your hands, while the head of the baby is above the level of the tummy.
- It is necessary to properly hold the bottle with the mixture, so that the crumb did not swallow air when eating.
In cases where the child systematically yells at the breast or after eating, you should consult with your doctor. He will be able to establish the reasons and calm the mother with advice.
I need a doctor
Refusal to eat can be quite an alarming sign. But do not panic. Seek help from a doctor is necessary if:
- A breastfed breastfed baby (eats only breast milk!) Did not cocoa for more than three days.
- The kid does not sleep well.
- High body temperature in a child.
- Baby languid and pale.
- In infants there are abundant regurgitation and vomiting.
- Baby cries for a long time and does not calm down.
For a child who eats a mixture or complementary foods, constipation is considered to be the absence of a chair during the day.
Even 1-2 of the symptoms listed above is a reason to call your doctor at least, and it may well be that you call an ambulance.