Low back pain in early pregnancy, depending on the severity of symptoms, can be both a completely natural phenomenon associated with sprains and a rather alarming sign that signals any malfunctions in the body.
Spasmodic lower back pain may occur when excessive stretching of the muscles of the heart. Such a phenomenon can lead to the development of a symphysitis, in which pain is manifested much more strongly and spreads, in addition to the loins, to the region of the hips and groin.
Low back pain in early pregnancy may be caused by increased uterine tone. This phenomenon occurs quite often in the first three months of pregnancy and requires mandatory treatment.
Low back pain may be associated with an increase in the load on the lumbar spine due to an increase in the size of the abdomen.
Maintaining inactive and poor lifestyle can also affect the lumbar condition, especially if a woman has had problems with her spine in the past. A long stay in an uncomfortable position or being in a sitting position can also cause uncomfortable sensations in the lower back.
Even a rather common problem during constipation during constipation can cause discomfort in the back.
Low back pain in early pregnancy can occur with kidney disease, myositis, genital infections, inflammation of the uterus and its appendages, etc.
Given the many reasons that can provoke lumbar pain in early pregnancy, with the appearance of such a symptom, you should always inform the attending physician.
Causes of low back pain in early pregnancy
Among the many factors that can cause pain in the lower back, one can single out the following causes of back pain in early pregnancy:
- Hypertonus of the uterus. In the early stages of pregnancy, this problem can be caused by hormonal changes and insufficient production of progesterone in the woman’s body. In addition, hypertonicity of the uterus can be a consequence of a disease such as endometriosis, the result of inflammatory processes in the uterus and its appendages, as well as occur when the uterine muscles stretch, the presence of tumors (uterine myoma), and emotional overstrain. Low back pain with hypertonicity of the uterus can be combined with pain in the lower abdomen, as well as in the sacral region.
- Simfizit. The reason for the development of symphysitis can be changes in hormonal levels that occur during pregnancy in a woman’s body. Under the influence of relaxin, the tissues soften in the region of the symphysis pubis. This is a natural process for pregnancy, but with symptoms such as severe edema and a divergence of the bones in the peri-brown area, a doctor’s intervention is required. In addition to pain in the lower back and groin, discomfort during symphysitis may occur in the hips and coccyx. Increased pain in the presence of this pathology is noted when changing the pose, in the prone position it is difficult for a woman to lift and straighten her legs.
- Constipation. The cause of pain radiating to the lower back in the early stages of pregnancy can be such a delicate problem as constipation. To eliminate it and normalize the stool, a woman must first of all balance her diet, it is possible to take herbal preparations that promote bowel movement. To use such drugs can only consult with your doctor. Taking laxatives during pregnancy is prohibited.
- Increase and displacement of the uterus. Such a phenomenon in early pregnancy is a natural process and can cause discomfort in the lumbar region. When this occurs, both sprains supporting the uterus, and ligaments supporting the spine, as a result of a shift in the center of gravity of the abdomen. After 20 weeks of pregnancy, such symptoms usually disappear.
- Osteochondrosis and sciatica. These diseases often cause pain in the back. If a woman has previously had problems with the spine, back pain during pregnancy can be caused by an exacerbation of osteochondrosis and radiculitis.
In addition to these reasons, back pain in early pregnancy may be accompanied by other conditions that may pose a threat to the health of the woman and the course of pregnancy, so if you experience any discomfort in the lumbar region, you should always consult a doctor. Symptoms for lower back pain, such as vaginal discharge and abdominal pain, require emergency medical intervention.
Symptoms of low back pain in early pregnancy
Symptoms of low back pain in early pregnancy can be either mild or strong enough, depending on the causes that cause it.
Low back pain in early pregnancy may be dull or pulling in nature, may be cramping or permanent, occur when moving or when a woman is sitting or lying down.
To establish the causes of low back pain in the first months of pregnancy, and to take the necessary measures to eliminate them, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist.