Pregnancy is a special condition in which there are no trifles. Do not you have cramped shoes that have never sting? How much more is your weight per week? According to physiological norms during pregnancy, a woman should add from eight to twelve kilograms. After the twentieth week, every 7 days, your weight gain should not exceed 350 grams. Otherwise, there are swelling. How to get rid of them and not to allow further?
How are edemas in pregnant women
Usually, during the beginning of pregnancy, legs swell, then face, hands, stomach. Edemas most often disturb a woman during the day, after a more or less long walk. This is because the fluid goes down, accumulates on the feet, legs, ankles. During edema, the skin becomes noticeably pale, smooth, tense, and a hole appears on it during pressing. If the legs regularly swell in the first half of pregnancy, this may indicate the development of a number of diseases. If leg edema is characteristic of the second half of pregnancy, this is one of the signs of gestosis (impaired process of adaptation of the female body to pregnancy).
What are swelling
Some swelling visible to the naked eye. Others are hidden and represent fluid retention in the body. Often it can be associated with renal or cardiovascular pathology.
How to avoid leg edema during pregnancy
Puffiness of legs can be significantly reduced if:
- scrupulously monitor your diet: it is better to sit at the table five or six times a day, there are small portions, do not overeat;
- make your diet useful, balanced, diverse; eat more fruits, vegetables, dairy products, greens, fish;
- It is desirable to introduce dried apricots and raisins in your diet, it contains a lot of potassium, calcium and magnesium;
- try to eat steamed or boiled foods; avoid spicy, smoked, pickled products, fast food;
- It is worth remembering that salt affects the retention of fluid in the body, so it is better to eat under-salted dishes, to monitor how much salt you use;
- no need to wear tight clothes and shoes;
- do a foot massage during the day;
- breathe fresh air before going to bed;
- try not to sit in one position for a long time;
- do exercises – after consulting with your doctor about this matter; swim in the pool.
How to get rid of leg edema during pregnancy
You can drink herbal tea (a glass of broth is drunk during the day in three to four doses, a course of three to four weeks):
- from mountain ash juice;
- collection of flowers of cornflower, bearberry leaf and licorice root;
- linden broth.
But you can use diuretics only after consulting a doctor. Do not self-medicate, pregnancy needs extra care! Make yourself footbaths with sea salt, herbs or just cool water. When lying down, lift your legs 10-15 centimeters above your body. These simple ways will help you reduce leg swelling.