Hyperthermal syndrome is a rapid increase in body temperature, usually above 40 degrees. When such a patient is in the house, it causes panic in his relatives, since we all know the danger of fever and its consequences. If fever occurs in children, parents are fair "beat all the bells", because a small body is not strong enough and needs help to overcome the heat.
Hyperthermic syndrome: what is it
This condition in children is observed quite often. This is due to the vulnerability of the small body, the lack of strong immunity and particular sensitivity to various viruses, infections and bacteria. An increase in body temperature is always a defensive reaction to any kind of malfunction in the body. As a result, bactericidal blood rises, leukocytes become more active, metabolism increases, and endogenous interferon is produced twice as fast.
The most common reasons for raising
Hyperthermal syndrome in children may occur primarily due to SARS or influenza. Temperatures in this case are not always higher than 40 degrees, but sometimes this is due to weakened immunity, the acute form of the disease or the individual characteristics of its course. To determine the cause of fever in this case is quite easy, as it is usually accompanied by cough or runny nose.
What else can provoke hypothermic
Sometimes a fever is caused by an overdose or intolerance to certain drugs. In babies, sometimes the temperature rises after the planned vaccinations. To get around this situation, parents start giving antihistamines to the child 5 days before the vaccination.
High temperatures can be triggered by the action of toxins in case of poisoning: they attack the brain and that part of it where the body temperature regulator is located. This is a malignant hyperthermic syndrome. In addition, with the transferred anesthesia and coma, fever may occur.
Banal causes of heat are also: elementary overheating in the sun, heat stroke, or even stress. Kids react to different life situations and physically: therefore, indigestion and high fever are frequent consequences of the nervous condition. Children also suffer acclimatization, so after arriving in an exotic country, do not be surprised that your baby has come down with fever. Hyperthermal syndrome in adults is also possible for this reason, but in extremely rare cases.
Types of hyperthermic syndrome
It manifests itself in different ways depending on the specific case and the characteristics of the body of the child. For example, the duration of hyperthermic syndrome may be ephemeral (from several hours to two days), acute (up to two weeks), subacute (up to 45 days) and chronic (more than 45 days). The last two species are almost never found in the modern world, since new technologies allow you to quickly bring down the fever and provide help with hyperthermic syndrome.
- Constant. Keeps on the same level – more than 39 degrees (accompanying diseases such as croupous pneumonia, typhoid and typhus).
- Decreasing. Sometimes it drops to 38 degrees, but does not reach normal values (typical of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu).
- Intermittent. Periods of normal temperature alternate with bouts of heat (it happens in sepsis and malaria).
- Returnable. It’s all the opposite: periods of heat are replaced by the normal state (found in typhus).
- Undulating. Long periods of rise and fall (characteristic of brucellosis, lymphogranulomatosis).
- Debilitating. Large temperature surges (tuberculosis, sepsis).
- Wrong, which defies explanation and goes beyond the laws.
- Pink This is not even quite a hyperthermic syndrome, but only its partial manifestation. Hyperthermic reaction – the so-called heat condition is called when the skin of the child is warm, the mucous membranes are moderately moist, there is no tachycardia. The general condition is quite satisfactory.
- Pale. This is hyperthermic syndrome in its purest form. The patient feels chills, the skin is pale with a marble pattern, the arms and legs are icy, tachycardia is possible. The temperature is very difficult to knock down. It is characterized by a disorder of metabolism, impaired microcirculation and dysfunction of the internal organs. The baby can be in a very difficult condition, in which first aid is urgently needed. You must call an ambulance and, waiting for her arrival, on your own, try to reduce the fever of the child.
What should parents do before the arrival of doctors
Waiting for the medical team, you have no right to lament or sit back. By simple actions, parents can relieve hyperthermic syndrome. Emergency care without drugs and all sorts of drugs is as follows:
- Put the child to bed, open the window and provide access to fresh air.
- Unbutton your baby’s clothes. Do not muff him if he "is burning". On the contrary, attach something cold, better in the groin area. Turn on the fan and direct the flow of fresh air to the child. You can wipe the patient’s skin with vinegar with water or alcohol (if the child is not 3 months old, this procedure should be discarded).
- If your son or daughter has a fever, then, on the contrary, cover them with a warm rug, additionally putting a heating pad to your feet.
A drug "Paracetamol": main weapon against heat
After you call the doctor and take the first steps to alleviate the condition of the baby, you can try to reduce the temperature yourself. Hyperthermal syndrome in children, emergency aid for which is also in drug treatment, involves the administration of antipyretics. At home, giving the required dose of such a drug is an important and necessary step that, if not completely eliminating the fever, will greatly facilitate the general condition of the baby.
Other antipyretic drugs
This drugs "Ibufen" and "Nurofen"ibuprofen baby form. Usually, kids perceive him well, although he has more side effects and they occur more often than from the same drug. "Paracetamol". These medicines can be given to a child if he is already one year old and does not tolerate the remedy. "Paracetamol". They will help to tame the hyperthermic syndrome in children, the urgent help of these drugs is manifested not only in their antipyretic effect, but also in their ability to calm the pain.
Homeopathic remedy for fever – "Viburcol". But it does not always work efficiently and quickly with hyperthermic syndrome. In individual cases, parents can give that antipyretic drug, which is available at home, so as not to waste time on the road to the pharmacy (it may be "Efferalgan", "Panadol" other). If the baby has already taken this medicine and you are sure that it is working, feel free to give us the recommended dose for his age and weight.
The main thing parents need to remember: young children should not take such antipyretic drugs as "Analgin", "Aspirin", "Antipyrine", "Amidopyrine", "Phenacetin" and other drugs based on them. If you are very doubtful about choosing antipyretic pills or syrups, call a friend’s pediatrician to help make a decision.
The medical team that has come to the challenge in its arsenal has many tools that will help to quickly eliminate the hyperthermic syndrome. Emergency care of doctors consists in the injection, which consists of three substances: papaverine, dipyrone and diphenhydramine. This method is very effective and is used if the condition of the baby is critical, and all your efforts could not reduce the temperature.
Frequent medical errors
In adults and children, hypothermic syndrome is manifested very differently. First aid should be aimed mainly at eliminating the causes of fever. Only if adults develop a high temperature gradually on the background of all sorts of symptoms, then babies often get fever unexpectedly. Even in the evening the child laughed and played, and already at night he is in critical condition. Therefore, the main task of the doctor is to quickly and accurately establish the correct diagnosis, prescribe the necessary treatment. Often in ambulances there are no defibrillators that are so necessary when saving babies.