Pregnancy is not only hormonal adjustment, but also daily external changes due to the continuous growth and development of the fetus. The tummy of the future mother is enlarged, rounded, the skin is stretched and sometimes against this background the navel starts to bulge.
What happens to the navel during pregnancy?
From the second half of pregnancy, when the abdomen starts to increase significantly, the navel can also become bulging. These changes are completely normal and are due to one of the following reasons:
- high water;
- quick weight gain;
- multiple fetus
Under these conditions, the future mother’s belly is rounded much faster, due to which the umbilical cavity is smoothed and the navel bulges itself out.
Why can the navel hurt?
Pain in the navel, quite uncomfortable feeling in both physical and moral terms. It is disturbing and makes you worry not only about your health, but also about the condition of the baby.
Reference! Pulling pain in the navel is a type of norm.
Natural causes of pain in the navel include:
- Stretching the skin. The belly of some pregnant women increases in size very quickly, because of this, the skin on it is strongly tensioned, which is reflected by pain in the umbilical cavity.
- Physiology. The baby grows and takes up more and more space, because of which the internal organs are displaced.
- Low muscle tone abdominals. In non-sports moms, pain in the navel is much more common. This is due to the fact that the abdominal muscles simply can not cope with the increasing load.
- Hormonal adjustment. In some cases, the cause of discomfort are hormones, which soften the ligamentous tissue.
It follows from the above that the pain in the navel is normal and natural if:
- it is short term;
- discomfort does not occur systematically;
- no bleeding;
- body temperature does not rise above normal.
In all other cases it is worth to consult a doctor in order to minimize the risk of miscarriage.
Diseases for which pain in the navel occurs:
It is extremely important to track well-being changes during pregnancy, as cutting, stabbing or spasmodic pains may indicate health problems.
– gynecological diseases
If the pain in the abdomen is given in the navel and is accompanied by vaginal discharge, then there are problems with the pelvic organs. In this case, it is impossible to delay a visit to the gynecologist, since the cause of discomfort can be:
- hypertonus semolina;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- risk of miscarriage.
– hernia (umbilical or incarcerated)
This condition is accompanied by blurred symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders: constipation, heartburn, bloating, nausea and vomiting.
Important! Without timely treatment, the hernia can develop into bowel necrosis.
The disease requires urgent medical diagnosis, and in some cases, surgical intervention.
The discomfort given in the navel may indicate an inflammation of the appendix. At the same time, the pain is so strong that the expectant mother feels her echoes with every movement. Distinctive signs of appendicitis are as follows:
- pain in hypochondrium on the right side;
- nausea and vomiting;
- problems with stool (diarrhea or constipation).
In no case should you try to eliminate these pains yourself – at the first signs you should see a doctor as soon as possible.
– food poisoning
To create a correct and balanced menu during pregnancy does not work for everyone, especially when there are unusual eating habits or a desire to combine incompatible foods.
Reference! Intestinal infection can cause hypertonicity of the uterus and cause miscarriage.
The following symptoms are characteristic of food poisoning:
- severe cutting pain;
- nausea and vomiting;
- loud rumbling in the stomach;
- high fever and chills.
The first thing to do in case of poisoning: take a few tablets of activated carbon and call the doctor at the house.
– gastrointestinal problems
Discomfort in the navel and above can be exacerbated in women with chronic or undertreated gastrointestinal diseases. The feeling of heartburn, mild nausea and colic after eating do not become an unpleasant surprise for the expectant mother. In this case, the doctor, in order to reduce the level of discomfort, designates the patient to receive enzyme preparations.
In the second trimester, food begins to move along the esophagus more slowly than usual. Absolutely normal, if during this period in the stomach = piercing and cutting sensations occur.
Reference! You can avoid problems with intestinal perelstatics, if you adhere to the principles of a diet for pregnant women.
Piercing and pain in the navel during pregnancy
Navel piercing is a rather popular puncture among young girls. Below are five facts about how this jewelry affects the state of a woman in an interesting position:
- If the puncture is made long before the onset of pregnancy, it does not pose any danger to the health of the mother and child.
Prevention of discomfort
When the pain in the navel is due to physiological reasons, the doctor simply cannot help the patient with medication. She herself will take care to reduce the level of discomfort. The following tips will help you alleviate the unpleasant symptoms:
- Sleep on your side or on a special semi-circular pillow for pregnant women. This will help to reduce the tension of the skin on the abdomen and take the pressure off the abdominal muscles.
- Do sports. Do light exercises at home or attend specialized courses for expectant mothers. Do not forget about the daily walks in the fresh air.
- Wear the “mother belt”. He takes on part of the load and relieves discomfort when standing.
- Use special cosmetics for stretch marks. Creams, lotions or oils moisturize the skin well, make it supple, relieve itching and irritation.
Note! Women who used stretch mark creams during pregnancy return their skin tone and firmness after delivery much faster.
The pain in the navel and its protrusion are completely natural processes caused by an increase in the uterus and the growth of the child. However, you should not treat everything too carelessly: pregnancy is a condition in which reinsurance is never superfluous.